What exactly do I need to count to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies :-)

I will try just looking at the calories in foods I chose rather than worrying about fat and all the other stuff. It just worries me that even though something can be relatively low in calories, the fat in the food can be pretty high!

Some marketing campaign in the1970s got everyone afraid of fat. We need fat. Well, we don't need trans fat so maybe keep your eye on that--but to reiterate everyone else, try focusing on caloric intake and foods that make your body work better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies :-)

I will try just looking at the calories in foods I chose rather than worrying about fat and all the other stuff. It just worries me that even though something can be relatively low in calories, the fat in the food can be pretty high!

Luckily I love veggies and stuff so that's a good place to start, I was just curious how you all lose weight counting calories when I seem to complicate it and confuse myself lol!

Dietary fat does not make you fat. Actually, dietary fat is an essential macro nutrient and most people go overboard in cutting fat. It is essential for brain and organ function, hormone regulation, body heat regulation, and heart health...I'm sure you've heard of heart healthy fats. There are any number of very nutritious foods that are also fat dense...nuts, avocado, nut butters, and oils like olive oil are very good for you.