tired after exercise

Options
anyone else get exhusted after a workout??

i feel like i should have some added energy after but instead im crashing on the couch. im not getting the energized sensation after like i would have had a few years back.

i am greatly out shape but this feeling is not helping my motivation. its bad enough that i am pouring sweat but i can bearly make it up the stairs to shower without passing out.

Replies

• luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working out? Are you eating enough?
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started exercising a year ago. The first two weeks I could barely climb the stairs to the house afterwards. Thankfully it was summer so I was able to sit on the couch the rest of the day. lol! I'm tired now after workouts because I really push myself. Hopefully once your body gets used to it, it will get easier! Good Luck!
  • JSkorna
    JSkorna Posts: 22
    Options
    You might be over doing things. Start slow and buld up over a long period of time.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It gets better as your body adapts to the new energy demands by storing more glycogen, just make sure you're getting enough sleep and eating enough carbs.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me when I attended aerobic classes until I started wearing a heart rate monitor. My heart rate was getting way too high during exercise. Once I started modifying my effort to stay between 60-80% of my maximum heart rate, I started feeling much more energized after exercise. Hope this helps.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you are doing heavy exercise, you need to be eating well. The body needs fuel. You may need to eat a bit more before working out. Once you start getting into the routine and your body gets stronger, you will feel added energy and really feel those endorphins. Just stick with it.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It might be too much too soon. Consider easing up on the intensity or duration of your workouts and make sure you're fueling them properly. Also, make sure that you are well hydrated.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It may also be worthwhile to make sure you're getting enough iron. I have iron deficiency anemia (which fortunately can be treated with iron supplements!) and if I don't take my pills, I rapidly develop that hit-by-a-truck feeling. It's very common, particularly in women (and particularly in women with heavy menstrual periods).

If the other excellent suggestions here don't fix your issue, a quick check-in with your doctor might be worthwhile. Best of luck!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Read up on Adrenal Fatigue, see if that might apply to you!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would think you are supposed to be worn out after a good workout... right? Am I missing something? A burst of energy is one of the last things I would ever expect to feel after a workout.