Just starting.....anyone else over 50

Options
Hi

I am just starting the journey, need to lose 80 lbs. This seams to be a great place to make it happen.

I am a sister, mom, Mimi and the fat lady who rides a 150 scooter.

Replies

• GLDawson
    GLDawson Posts: 3
    Options
    I started just before Halloween. I'm 5'7' and weighed 240 lbs. I'm 66 years old. My doctor suggested this app. I use it and find it effortless. I now weigh 189 lbs. Not bad eh?:smile:
  • Kadje
    Kadje Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am 58, Mom of 2 and Granny of 8. I am in my second week of tracking calories in MFP. There are a lot of people over 50 on this site. Some over 80 years old, even! :happy:
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm in my mid 60's. I have been at this for about a year and a half, first with Weight Watchers, and then here since last September . I have lost over 80 pounds and have been at goal for almost 2 months now. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been on MFP for over a year and it's the best program out there as far as I'm concerned. Welcome! And feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 61 and started this wonderful journey 7 weeks ago. I think its a brilliant website, keeping track of everything that I eat and drink on here, seeing it at a glance and then I workout too. At the moment I am doing my own routine at home to some music I stick on the computer and play and dance along to it, I work in some floor work too as a cool down and so far I have lost 9 pounds. I am 136lbs now but need to loose around 14lbs more as I am only 4foot 10 and was rather a petite person before the weight piled on. Good luck with your special journey; there are lots of lovely people on here and some great ideas and advice! Welcome to the MFP club! :smile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    59 this month and have been on this site since the beginning of the year... great site. WELCOME and feel free to add me for support.:flowerforyou:
  • momdukes1962
    Options
    Hi my name is Evelyn and I am 50 yrs old:happy:
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I meant to say also, please add me as a friend if you so wish! Good luck!:blushing:
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, have been on this site for a year now. I've only lost 15 lbs, but I'm OK with that, hopefully the next year I can lose another 15 lbs. In the meantime I'm the fittest I've ever been in my life, I run, weight lift and do extreme intervals. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 56 and just seriously started yesterday, although I've been on the site since June of last year. I'm feeling inspired by the community here. Just knowing that I'm not alone is inspiring. Also, I like to see the numbers go down and show off my success. This is the place to do it.
  • Clorfeine
    Clorfeine Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 79 and have been on MFP since the beginning of 2013. I've lost 16 pounds. Slow and steady is my motto. You might get tired of entering your data but stick with it. It really works! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 on my next birthday. I am a mother of a 16 year old and a 20 year old. I would love support and motivation. I have read so much over the years and tried so many different sites, I need to find a place and stick with it. I know the secret to losing weight is calories in vs calories out, I just can't seem to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please feel free to ad me. Good luck everyone.
  • Judgecj
    Judgecj Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in - and definately over the speed limit (55 for you youngsters).:noway:
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and started changing my life in Sept 2012. I have reached several goals and need to lose only 5 more lbs.
  • PeterMS1
    PeterMS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 64 and recently started with MFP.

Like many I need to lose considerable weight for all sorts of reasons, especially medical in my case.:smile:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm in - and definately over the speed limit (55 for you youngsters).:noway:

In UK speed limit is 70, and I am there now

Granddad to 5

Add me if you wish, I log on daily, sometimes binge and sometimes fall off the wagon, but generally am a on track
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am 64 ( in dog years I think) and have been at this for a year this month. This a really great site, good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 60. I cycle about 20 miles daily, and enjoy other sports. My focus is improving my fitness level, reducing BF% and weight loss. Please anyone can add me if they maintain open diaries and net at least 1200 cals daily; and dedicated to feeling GREAT about themselves.
  • jogini007
    jogini007 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 54 and need to lose weight. I hate struggling to put my shoes on and seeing my belly overtake my boobs.. I have three boys 29, 24 and a 22 yr old. I admit I need support and motivation. You are welcome to add me and good luck to all.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 110 lb weight loss!