Help a girl lose 40lbs please!

Options
So I have been floating between 160lbs and 168lbs for the last year and I am finally getting off my butt and getting motivated to lose weight again. I have set my goal weight at 126lbs which I think is a perfect goal weight for my height (5ft3). I basically am just watching what I eat and doing mainly Zumba for exercise with a bit of strength training.

If anyone wants to add me so we can help motivate one another that would be brilliant :) I promise to log in and support everyone 99% of the time (unless I'm on holiday of course!) and feel free to leave me any tips here!

It doesn't matter what your weight, sex or height is, I just know this weight loss game is so much easier with plenty of motivational support surrounding us :D

Replies

• Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sounds like we have some things in common. I'm also 5'3" and have been hovering between 152-154lbs. My goal weight is also 125. I've been doing morning walks and a little bit of weight training (with dumbbells in my living room watching tv at night.)

Happy to cheer you on to your fitness goals!
  • LunarPhases
    LunarPhases Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You and I have nearly the same body types and goals. I'm 5'2 at 170, but I'm hoping I can get down to 110 since I have a pretty small frame.
  • AmyVee92
    AmyVee92 Posts: 3
    Options
    We sound very similar! I'm 20 with 46 lbs to lose, and also 5ft3. A lot heavier to begin with, but wanting a more realistic goal initially!

I'm not a big excercise fan at all, Zumba is about my limit!

xxx
  • JellyBelly1978
    JellyBelly1978 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds like we are all in about the same boat.
    I'm 5'4 and had about 40 lbs to lose, now about 30. hoping to get to 130's or 140.

Wii Boxing and the gazelle are what I'm currently doing for exercise.
  • YBSlim2
    YBSlim2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I would like to lose 40lbs. I've incorporated more fruits and veggies to my meals and snacks. I've also added a midday workout (walking, running, stationary bike) then I workout by biking a few miles with the kids after work or using the Jillian Michael's "Trouble Zones" or "Hip Hop Abs" videos.

When I really decided to get serious I hit the scale at: 160lbs
    Current Weight: 157
    Goal Weight: 118
  • sarahgeri
    sarahgeri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! So glad I stumbled on this thread. Been floating on 160++ lbs and I'm determined to lose 40lbs as well, preferably by end of next year :) Hope we can all support one another here, and include tips on how to get there so we will all be motivated :)
  • pru101
    pru101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same here. Im 160 and would love to lose 40 pounds! please feel free to add me :D
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've also been stuck in the 160's for what seems like forever! I'm a little taller at 5'5 but have the same goal of about 40lbs to loose. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • alainl_25
    alainl_25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I can say is keep at it! I am 40 down since february, and almost have reached my halfway goal I had set, when I reach it, I'll see if I can keep at it, try to catch up! ;-)
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I am 5ft 4 - started at 170 and aiming for 140, I managed to get down to 148 before my holiday in June and then fell off the wagon a bit so just trying to get rid of that last half a stone now. Then I need to tone up my post children tummy!
    I don't get a chance to do any classes or the gym as I am at home with 2 small kids in the evening but walk as much as I can and trying to get out on my bike when I can.
  • tegeler85
    tegeler85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'3" as well and looking to get back to 125. I really need to buy a new scale, mine is busted (Not that I've even wanted to weigh myself recently), but I assume I'm around 180ish. Anyone wanting to add me is welcome to. This is just day 2 for me, I say the more support the better!
  • sweetceemee
    Options
    I'll help you if you help me!!!! Need to lose this excess weight and get fit and healthy. Plus my GP told me my cholesterol is high so need to sort that out pronto too. Need some motivation.

Started playing netball again a few months ago but strained my Achilles tendon and i am still having issues with it 4 months later waiting on a scan. Got a gp referral to local gym so hopefully that will come through soon.

The more the merrier i say.
  • jenny_petunia
    jenny_petunia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm a little shorter and a little heavier.... 5'2" and 173.
    i had gotten down to 157 at the end of last summer but managed to bring it back on.
    I would like to loose about 40 lbs, and would love some support. please feel free to add me as a friend
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I have the exact same goal as you!
  • aniskha
    aniskha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Sounds good to me i need to lose about the same amount of weight. i would love to have some support and encouragment.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Started at 165# last September. Currently right around 120. Goal weight was 125 but ended up here.

Hit goal weight in March. Have been maintaining without problems since then.

You can do this!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    First off looking at your picture I personal don't think you need the full 40 pounds, your already beautiful so any weight loss you do should be in the name of health. I can't dictate your goal to you, I just ask you reevaluate it when yoir half way there. Heck I ask all women to do this. Ask people you trust to give you an honest answer. Please by all means start with a 40 pound goal, but I hope your open to what I had to say in the future
  • enjoythesound
    enjoythesound Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck around 160lbs for months as well! my Goal weight is around 135lbs (I'm 5'6), I'm running and cycling. My diary is not public because it's mostly logged in French XD but feel free to add me if you want!
  • mika_chan13
    Options
    We're about the same type. I'm 5'5'' at 140-ish. I'm hoping to loose about 15-20 lbs.....Here's a link to this "Military-Diet"

---->http://hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet

Don't give up!