My dreams have become my reality!!!! Posting to encourage an

Options
june_warner
june_warner Posts: 126 Member
What started my transformation
I have been asked by so many people how and why did I start to lose weight. Well, here is my story..... In Nov 2006 I watched my step father died from having stints put in his heart. They were able to keep him alive for 8 day. He wasn't over weight, but it was the food choices that clogged his heart. The day before he died I promised him in his ICU room that I was going to change. I wasn't going to have my kids see me die like I was watching him die, if I could help it anyway. So Jan 2, 2007 weighing in at 320 pounds I started to watch everything that I ate and started to just walk. Eventually I made it to walking a brisk 5 miles. That's when I decided to start doing more cardio. I got Biggest Loser dvd's and did them for about 2 months. I got bored with them real quick and I didn't see much weight loss from that. So I decided to join a cardio kickboxing class and I really liked it, but I wasn't able to keep going due to a divorce I now saw myself facing. My husband had become extremely jealous of my success and tried to sabotage my progress. I knew I still had a lot of weight to lose so I decided to get a divorce. Best decision of my life. After losing 120 pounds and now facing my divorce I decided it was best to just go into maintenace mode. I only worked out 3 days a week and I still watched what I ate. After about 14 months I looked back at my goals that I had set out for myself 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't want to go back to walking or to the kickboxing class. I am a single mom and can't afford to get a babysitter all the time. So i was watching a P90X infomercial and I decided that I wanted to build more muscle and hopefully I would start to lose weight again. I started P90X in Sept 2009 and I completed it. It took me a little longer than the 90 days because I extended the weeks out. I started another round right away and completed that. In Feb 2010 I became a coach for Beachbody, the makers of P90X. When I became a coach I bought a new program called Insanity. I had to take some time off in April to have my gall bladder removed but I was only down a week. I had a quick recovery at 3 weeks post op I started the Insanity program. I finished that late June and I took 2 weeks of from a program. I was either running or just putting a dvd in to keep busy. I started my 3rd round of P90X and I am also adding Insanity into my cardio days with P90X. I am also very involved with our Fit Club where I live. The guy in the P90X infomercial (the fat guy that did 5 rounds!) is the one that runs it. He is a really good friend of mine. He has been there for me to help and encourage me through a lot. I know how hard it is to lose weight and keep focused, but for most of my journey I have been on my own. To date I have lost 175 pounds. I feel great. I can finally say I LOVE MYSELF! I am more than willing to share my experience with anyone. If you have questions, or just comments. Please feel free to contact me. I want to pay it forward and help people who need that extra push once in awhile. It wasn't always easy, but just keep pushing forward one day at a time. You will get the results you want with the effort you put into it. "EMBRACE THE JOURNEY" and also remember "It's a marathon, not a sprint!"

Replies

• reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing inspiration!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing with me.
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Your dad would be so proud of you.:flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing your story
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thank you So much for sharing! Such an inspiration to us all!
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    DYING to know what your ex thinks about your progress now!??!!! You look fantastic!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That Shakeology on your ticker, did you use that as well?
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in March and my ultimate goal is to get down to about 140-145. I started at 192 and am down to 182 now but i'm always looking for helpful things. i looked up the shakeology on the website but i havn't had time to research it much.

I'm sorry about your step dad & your divorce, but congratulations on your dream come true.
  • amazon02
    Options
    Your story is an inspiration. I don't have that much weight to lose, but I want to lose and maintain. I have a friend that is approaching that size and I will forward your story to her to let her see that she can do it. Great job!!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wow!!! inspiring! God bless!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow! If your story isn't inspiring & motivating, I don't know what is!

First of all, sorry for your loss. But I am glad that you WERE able to put one foot in front of the other and move forward. You look amazing!!!!

Congrats on your success and a sincere thanks for sharing your story.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. What an inspiration you are. You look fantastic and I am sure you feel fantastic
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! I had a simular motivatioin.....My father had 3 brother and now there is only one of my uncles left and his mother died in jan.....Jan 4 was my 31st birthday and I attended a double funneral (my grandmother and uncle)....I thought about how my uncle that is left needs to stop being such a waste and take care of himself...and then I realized he will do what he will do...I can only take care of my family and myself. So here I am after power 90, p90x, and starting round 2 of p90x.....I will not stop.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My one question is did you have ANY problems with sagging skin and how did you combat that? Obviously you were doing a lot of strength training and I've heard that's great to help. I only have 19 lbs left to lose and don't think I'll have a problem and I've seen so many people ask about it and say they strength train and still have a lot of sagging skin.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That is an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for posting! you look amazing!
  • afmuj
    afmuj Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, you look amazing as well! On a week where it seems like there is no home support (I am taking my baby to my workouts now) I needed an encouraging story like this!
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    Your an inspiration. Thanks for sharing !
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!! Your story truly has inspired me. I'm bouncing back from being sick last week and you really have given me that extra push to give my workout my all tonight. Thanks, June!
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Holy cow is that an inspiring story, and truly amazing before and after pics.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, that's amazing and inspiring!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    LOL, well he would NEVER admit it but I have noticed him "looking" at me in a way I am sure his new wife would not approve of!!!! But I truly could care less, it's his loss and my gain :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!