Bowflex Xtreme se ?

Options
Elicur
Elicur Posts: 78 Member
"with extra Power rod upgrade to lift more weight."
It's selling online for $1000 or next offer. Is it better than a gym, and worth the money?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Better than a gym? No. In fact a pair of adjustable Powerblock dumbbells are way better. Bottom of the line, free weights will ALWAYS outperform machines.
  • Elicur
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JefferyJohns
    Options
    But a machine will never out-do the human body! That's why when I workout I workout all natural using only my bodies abilities. If you want something that is selling for like 40 bucks (because face it who has and extra $1000 to spend in this economy) and gives you better results get the Wild Workout that's where I got my Body from!! :)
    Oh and by the way were not supposed to advertise on this forum just for future reference to you
  • Elicur
    Options
    I didn't know who to ask, but always appreciate the help :) Thanks!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Better than a gym? No. In fact a pair of adjustable Powerblock dumbbells are way better. Bottom of the line, free weights will ALWAYS outperform machines.

Powerblocks would be nice, but I think a suspension trainer for $85 is a much better deal. ;)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Powerblocks would be nice, but I think a suspension trainer for $85 is a much better deal. ;)

Definitely. Suspension trainer or sandbags. I do good with nothing but them =) And a jump rope.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I almost went this route also but with a ton of advice from here I went with free weights instead. So glad I did! Hit me up for a link to a great power rack (safety cage) that is very affordable.