5ft 8 women, what is your goal?

Options

Replies

• Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'8 as well. My goal is 75kg (165 lbs). I was happy at 70kgs but I decided to increase my goal as I discovered weight lifting is what I like and most of the girls on here who lift gained weight but looked even more fabulous so it's more about my goal dress size and being able to add that little bit extra to the barbell. I would be very happy to be a size 12 (US10) as that is one size larger than I was in my 20's.

I also want to be able to have a lifelong sustainable calorie target.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I've always been 135-140 (size 6/8, and rarely a 6.. always a solid 8) I was up to 196 and a size 14 (SW) and my goal was to be a size 8 again. I built so much lean muscle that I'm 134 (CW) and a size 2. I'd like to lose the last 4lbs because 130 (GW) became my goal once I hit 145.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    This might sound really, well, rather mean, but... this thread has really affected me. I mean, I'm 5'8" and 165 pounds and I've always felt so TERRIBLE about myself and my proportions. Reading these posts has really put things into perspective for me, that maybe I shouldn't be so keen on reaching such a low weight at my height. Especially since I'm so well-endowed in the chest area. And have a very curvy shape in general. But still! It almost implies a sort of normalcy, and that's something I've never felt I looked like in my life.

But, before I get ahead of myself and think that I'm fine, let me just say I'm 21 and probably at the best shape of my life, so 165 is still kinda a downer for me. Still going to aim pretty low, but this does put things into a bit of a newer light.

if you look at the pic i posted, i'm in the same boat (curve wise) and 165 is the bottom of my goal range xx
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 143 but my goal is 130. I've been there before, but in a really unhealthy manner. More looking forward to getting back into my size 4 jeans regardless of scale weight.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    This might sound really, well, rather mean, but... this thread has really affected me. I mean, I'm 5'8" and 165 pounds and I've always felt so TERRIBLE about myself and my proportions. Reading these posts has really put things into perspective for me, that maybe I shouldn't be so keen on reaching such a low weight at my height. Especially since I'm so well-endowed in the chest area. And have a very curvy shape in general. But still! It almost implies a sort of normalcy, and that's something I've never felt I looked like in my life.

But, before I get ahead of myself and think that I'm fine, let me just say I'm 21 and probably at the best shape of my life, so 165 is still kinda a downer for me. Still going to aim pretty low, but this does put things into a bit of a newer light.

I have a large frame and size D breasts. I think any smaller for me would look horrible. I think frame size is very important. Good luck.
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130-135. I just hit 150 today :) I have a small frame, and spent most of my teens and twenties at about 120-125. Something about turning 40 just shot my metabolism all to hell.
  • aprillmcdonald3
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and built with curves. I look my best at 145-150. For me that's not to thin or to big. If I loose to much I look like a skeleton with bones sticking out every where.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9, but 150 is the thinnest I've ever been. That put me comfortably in a size 10. I have broad shoulders (inverted triangle body shape) so I've always needed a larger top than bottom. Currently 173-ish and would love to lose 20lbs. However, I'm currently in a size 12, and I think that I've built more muscle while losing weight this time around, so hopefully I'll get to that size 8!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Currently at 138 and fluctuate between that and 136. My goal was 135 (SW was 153), but then I began lifting more and adding muscle. I wear size 4 pants, also!
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 174 right now and the lowest I've been as an adult is 167, so I'm shooting for that at the moment.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This tread blows my mind! It is amazing to see everyone's differences in weight with the same height meaning so many different body structures!

My heaviest weight was 292 at a size 24
    My Current weight is a size 258 at a size 16

My goal weight.. 190 lbs.. I have a ton of lean muscle so I can't even imagine being under 200 or what that size will be :s
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 150, but I am willing to adjust this as I go. I weighed 145 when I graduated High School, and while I would KILL to be that size again, I was never toned at all. I'm trying my best to make fitness the goal instead of weight loss, so I would 'settle' for higher weight if I'm happy with how my body looks.
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'9 but I am still 5'8 and 3/4s haha. So I'll tell you my goal is 180
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options

I know what you mean and I used to feel that way too. We pick up random stigmas to attach to numbers on the scale and sometimes they make no sense. My profile pic was taken at 175lbs and I like my curves. When I was younger, I used to have this bizarre belief that I was "supposed" to weigh like 125 because, well, I don't even know why. Looking at pictures of myself now - I can't believe I ever thought that was a reasonable goal. I have big shoulders, strong arms and legs, big hips, proportionately big chest - and I feel fit and strong where I'm at now. Was I hoping to look like a broad shouldered and wide hipped skeleton? Sure things could be a little more toned, but I do realize that I've previously had some unrealistic and crazy goals. And I've learned to let myself be happy with where I'm at, even while I work on becoming better.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    140lbs.

Though frankly, at my current 300+, I'll be celebrating in the streets once I hit 200!
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/4" shy of 5'8" and my goal is 135. I am a pear and I look so out of proportion right now at 147. The smaller I am, the less pear-ish I look.

Edited to add: I have no boobs. Seriously. No boobs, small arms, you can see my collarbones even when I'm chubby, etc. I carry so much of my extra fat on my butt, hips, and thighs.
  • lucyprunner
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and got down to 125lbs. Felt too skinny so now thinking 135lb is a good goal for me. As you are 5'8" 140lbs seems spot on :)
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" but my goal is about 150. It was the weight I was at when I got married. But Im working out and lifting weights a lot more now so my body will look different when I get down to that.... So Im not really sure what my goal weight is, Im just going for a certain look and I think Ill know when I get there!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i 5'8" i am currently around 115 lbs, at my heaviest i was 140 and my skinniest was 108.
    goal is around 110-112
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering between 144 and 141 right now.
    At my lowest weight I was 130. I didn't lift weights then and I was very thin. Too thin to maintain. I was eating 1200 calories and felt like crap.
    At my highest weight I was 165 and that was uncomfortable for me.
    my ultimate goal is 135.