TDEE IIFYM Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• eautrey124
    eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info! I had always heard to eat about 1 g per lb of body weight, but others have said per pound of lean body mass, but I'll try the .82 and .4. It put my macros at approximately 35c/30p/35f, but not exactly! Thanks for the help! I also have trouble consuming a lot of protein. Any ideas I typically include a scoop of protein powder in my shake for breakfast and I have turkey sandwich for lunch and about a 1/4 lb of ground turkey or grilled chicken for dinner. Any suggestion for high protein snacks?
  • tamson72
    tamson72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so by eating 2280 calories per day do you think I will lose weight quicker? If I start doing more exercising will I need to to increase my calorie intake
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info! I had always heard to eat about 1 g per lb of body weight, but others have said per pound of lean body mass, but I'll try the .82 and .4. It put my macros at approximately 35c/30p/35f, but not exactly! Thanks for the help! I also have trouble consuming a lot of protein. Any ideas I typically include a scoop of protein powder in my shake for breakfast and I have turkey sandwich for lunch and about a 1/4 lb of ground turkey or grilled chicken for dinner. Any suggestion for high protein snacks?

Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese,are my top 2 favs for upping my protein (non fat of course)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Mine would be about 38% and 1.5 roughly

Based on your info, your TDEE estimate is 3025 calories.

To lose weight eat 2420 calories a day and don't input exercise calories into my fitness pal.

Thanks buddy. Should I change my settings manually in MFP so I'm not going over the daily target of 2k?
  • tamson72
    Options
    Misread the message I should be 2420 calories per day, new to all this still trying to work out how to use the message boards lol
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Misread the message I should be 2420 calories per day, new to all this still trying to work out how to use the message boards lol

Lol me too thought mine was yours!! I thought Blimey 2420?!! 2280 then for me.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    Thanks so much for your time AGericke absolute gentleman.
  • tamson72
    Options
    Thanks AGericke will increase my intake was wondering how my weight loss was slowing down only lost 6lb in a month was starting to lose motivation thanks again