South Beach Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hi All,

Starting Phase 1 of the South Beach diet (which is 2 weeks of low carb/ sugar) and I need an alternative to eating eggs for breakfast. Any suggestions? Much appreciated

Replies

• jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it!!! Eggs, eggs, eggs, that's all I've been eating!! Can't you tell I'm on Phase1 too, lol! I would love to hear some other ideas too. The only other thing I can think of is cottage cheese. But as you know, we can't put any fruit in it just yet :( My husband has been having Greek yogurt (we are allowed two cups of dairy a day) and he does add a little bit of blueberries. Kinda a no no, but soooo much better than his old way of eating.

Sorry I don't have any ideas to offer. Just bumping to hear what others might have to say!

Good luck with SB. So far I love low-carbing. Cravings are gone :)
  • rkkm29
    rkkm29 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on week 1 also, starting week 2 tomorrow. I did scrambled eggs a few days, canadian bacon with veggies a few mornings, leftover ham and veggies one morning. You have to think outside of just breakfast foods to switch it up. I cannot do eggs every morning so I like to cook up veggies the night before and then reheat whatever meat we had for dinner. I know I didn't offer much advice but I figure every little bit helps! Good luck!
  • ferreteers
    ferreteers Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A couple of ideas:

+ Cottage cheese with a sprinkle of cinnamon and splenda, it tastes like a lower carb version of oatmeal or rice pudding
    + Hard boiled egg slices
    + Low carb tortilla with cheese and salsa, melted a little
    + Lettuce wraps with your favorite cheese or protein
    + Flax seed oatmeal

Good luck
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I love eggs scrambled with hot peppers, a little ham, etc - but that's not the question.

What about having non breakfast foods for breakfast? Fish? Cottage cheese with something besides fruit? Soup?
  • kariannmbc
    kariannmbc Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm 6 days into the south beach phase 1, and I've been alternating the little veggie quiches (made with real eggs) with cottage cheese and tomatoes; or yogurt and another veggie (okay, this one I only did once).

This is also the first day I haven't woken up with a horrible "I want sugar" headache. Maybe I'm finally getting it out of my system.
  • NLKatherine
    NLKatherine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me of phase 1. Today is a little harder than yesterday but so far so good. I did it last summer and I'm not finding it quite as hard (yet). But we'll see. I have been bad about not eating breakfast, but then I never eat breakfast...
  • Cynthia_09_12
    Cynthia_09_12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've decided on greek yogurt and or canadian bacon with veggies! Only a few days left of phase 1 :)
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had a recipe for flaxmeal muffins that I made a lot when I did South Beach.