When youre getting winded...what do you say?

Options
2»

Replies

• dolphin_queen
    Options
    All that matters is that you finish strong!! No more watching your life pass you by!!!
    Gets me through til the end!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Lately I swear up and down that I hate being pregnant and this kid can't come out quick enough.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I just remind myself its in my mind, my legs and lungs usually have more to give but my mind is all "heya! Lets take a break!"

^^This!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I burned a mental image of a 1 year during and after face shot into my head. I put into a lot of hard in that year and thinking about the extreme differences motivates me to keep pushing.

Also I think about my inspiring onederland song and the crazy dance I did because of my excitement. Both keep me going during tough workouts or when I'm craving something bad that I haven't planned for!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I ask myself a lot of "do you" questions......Do you want to go back to being the fat girl? Do you want to keep hearing from the doctor that your feet would hurt less if you lost weight? Do you want to see that lock on the nursing assistant's face every time she weighs you? Do you want to look good at your kids' graduations? And so on.....sometimes I ask myself things to remind me how angry I used to be, and I use that anger to keep going.
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    oh, some of these are such great ideas! I intend to try some out, because right now I just count to 100, and measure breaths that way. :ohwell:
  • veganstein
    veganstein Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I get mad, and tell myself "Pick it up, b*tch, pick it UP!"
  • Janyaa
    Janyaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just started a little less than two weeks ago and some of these are great suggestions. I don't have a set routine down, yet. However, I did take a "before" picture and I really, really, really want to be able to take an "after" picture!
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I say 'of course you can stop -- if that's the absolute LAST rep/step you can do. Are you sure it's your last? Sure you can't do ONE more?'

Funny thing, it's never the last.
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I visually punish myself by working out in front of a mirror in shorts and a sports bra. Every time I look over and see my gut or a back roll jiggling I just get disgusted and work harder. :noway: However I also keep going knowing that eventually its all going to disappear or tighten up. :wink:
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Motivational quotes and all that sort of thing just annoy me. I must be the only person in the world who sees some motivational quote and immediately forms a sarcastic response to it and is less motivated than before I read it. :)

Usually I just put my inner Sheldon Cooper to work. "Okay, you've been on this elliptical for 37 minutes and 14 seconds. You can't stop on a number like that. Go to 40, then you can stop. 40 is a nice round number." Then I get to 40 and think "Well if you're that close to 45 minutes it'd just be silly to stop." Etc. Works for distances too. I always round up a little, because it'd be silly to be that close and not keep going just to have a nice neat number at the end. :D
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I push myself to make it another 5 minutes and then another 5 minutes... etc.

I do this too while telling myself "You can do it, you can do it, you can do it"
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I get mad, and tell myself "Pick it up, b*tch, pick it UP!"

:laugh: awesome!