I CAN do this!!

Options
Hello! I have finally decided that I can't keep living like I have been. I convinced my husband last Sept to join the gym and neither one of us has been losing weight. 1 year later and I have decided to make a change! I CAN lose the weight I've been slowly allowing to creep onto my body over the last 6 years. I CAN be healthier. I CAN and will make myself workout even when I don't want to. I CAN go to classes at the gym every week. I CAN run a 5K. I CAN fit into the bridesmaids dress I just ordered a size smaller than I am now for a December wedding of my very good friend. I CAN be an inspiration for my friends and family. I CAN do this with my husband so we can prepare to start a family. I CAN push myself. I CAN do this.

Replies

• jean51
    jean51 Posts: 29
    Options
    You have the right attitude. You CAN do this!:flowerforyou:
  • antarah
    antarah Posts: 9
    Options
    yes you can and its easy and no ones telling what you can and can't eat, if your husband is willing to be yor walking buddy the you two can encourage eachother thru to your goal! i just started last week and lost 8 lbs
  • bocagirl
    bocagirl Posts: 11
    Options
    You CAN do it!!! Good luck.

I too decided I need to get a move on and lose some weight. I signed up for this site a few months back but decided yesterday to use it when the 1st week into my weightloss competition at work I gained 1/2 lb! I like that there are others you can chat with and tracking my food and exercise was quite eye opening yesterday.

Good luck rocking the bridesmaid dress next month!! Hopefully I wil be in a pair of jeans that have collecting dust in my closet for 2 years.
  • debbie1268
    Options
    YOU can with the determination that you have.... Good Luck
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes, you most definitely can!! Sounds like you're ready for the challenge! Keep up that attitude, even when it seems like you're not succeeding. You will if you stick with it! :) Good luck!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it! Also, I see that you want to run a 5K. Look into 'Couch to 5K' or C25K program. It's an excellent program.

C25K info here:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Good luck!
  • kwelborn2873
    Options
    You don't need us, sounds like you are a self motivator which is GREAT! You are on the right track. Keep the good attitude. The more you work out the easier it will get. If you are anything like me you'll feel worse when you don't do something everyday.
    You'll be in that bridesmaid dress before you know it.
  • sciarra52
    Options
    Thanks for the support and motivation!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Yes you can!!! Believe it and just make it happen! You can do it!!! It's just all those tiny little decisions everyday of what you put in your mouth and how you move your body. You CAN do it!!!