Chocoholic needs help!

Options
What do you do if you crave chocolate?? I crave it a LOT LOT LOT! That and ice cream. Any helpful tips or healthier choices to help curb the cravings???

Replies

• Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a glass of chocolate milk helps me. I use skim milk... I tried the light syrup but it just wasn't the same! Maybe a breakfast powder or something would be healthier and have less calories, but I haven't compared.

If you have to have ice cream, add some frozen light cool whip to it, it gives you a fuller bowl with less calories than ice cream.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow fudge bars. The help with both cravings. 100 calories for a huge bar. Plus I drink breakfast shakes in the morning, those are vanilla and chocolate, so I imagine that helps with my chocolate craving.
    If it gets bad, have some. Just log it.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I won't deny myself chocolate... I'd go insane. I just love it too much. :love: When I crave it I have just 1 Hershey mini or nugget.
  • antarah
    antarah Posts: 9
    Options
    well you can't deny the chocolate. jell-o fat free pudding cups are also a big help, weight- watchers also has some healty, and yummy chocolatey things
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    A bit of Greek yogurt with a couple tbsp of good cocoa powder and a packet of Sun Crystals does it for me. You could also try 8oz of unsweetened almond milk with a couple tbsp of good cocoa powder and a packet of Sun Crystals heated up in the microwave to make hot chocolate (add a tbsp of cornstarch then bring to boiling point and you'll get pudding once its cooled).

If you have the room to splurge in your daily food budget, try a small square of high quality dark chocolate.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    yes! skinny cow fudge bars are sooo yummy! i like the mini ones.. 50 cals!
  • SJUL77
    SJUL77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I have to have some form of chocolate daily Nabisco sells quite a few 100 calorie packs. The chcolate covered pretzals are one of my favorites. Nature valley just came out with "Granola thins" 80 calories. Its granola on one side & dark chocolate on the other.
    For ice cream the sugar free Klondike Bars are good, I thinki they are 170 calories each and the weight watchers "Giant Cookie bars" are yummy. They tast like cookies & cream ice cream. I believe they are 130 calories.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and klondike slim bars(these have 100 cal and are delicious), also some of the rice cakes and granola bars come in chocolate and are good, also 1 or 2 hershey kisses dont have very many calories and help. I hope this helps
  • cochilles
    Options
    if you need chocolate, simply take something out of your diet. so if you have a sandwich for lunch with a apple, just have half a sandwich and then enjoy ur chocolate in the evening or another option is to calculate how many calories your going to have and burn it off before you have it.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Dean's Country Fresh Fudge Bars.....better then the diet stuff and ONLY 80 Calories!!!!!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help but .... I love chocolate and I try to eat clean and healthy. For my chocolate cravings I choose Green & Black dark organic chocolate. I just have a small piece. Sometimes I shredd / grate it and sprinkle it over raspberries and greek yougurt. I find the real deal chocolate helps satify my craving better than the fake stuff... but that is just me. Some people don't like dark chocolate and need a little more than a small piece. I have also heard that the new jello mousse temptations are very good.
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try Simply Lite Dark Sugar Free Chocolate. It is really good. I found it at walmart on the candy isle by the sugar free stuff. I love dark chocolate. I can let two squares melt in my mouth and feel pretty good for awhile. I totally feel your pain. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! Here is the website so you can see what they look like. I find for being sugar free and no sugar added, they are pretty good.

http://www.simplylitefoods.com/
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    when I'm craving chocolate, I pop a few chocolate chips in my mouth and just let them melt. It's only a few calories, and I still get that decadent taste. Good luck!
  • kickchick
    kickchick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the is actually relatively healthy as long as you don't over-do the calories. Chocolate milk (either fat free or 1%) is an awesome accelerator for muscle toning. Some studies say it is better than gatorade and other sports drinks for replenishing your electrolytes and helping your muscle to regenerate faster following your workout. Try it about an hour before and an hour after your workout...about 6 - 8 ounces at a time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I eat a few squares of Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate every single day. It's SO GOOD, but very rich, so if you eat that little bit slowly, you're good for the day. You get your "fix" and lots of antioxidants and fiber and 20% of your daily iron to boot (which I need as a vegetarian).

I have a fruit smoothie every night as my "dessert" and I limit refined sugar most of the time. Even with my raging sweet tooth, eating healthier has tamed it a lot.