Working our with a 2 year old

SJUL77
SJUL77 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any suggestions for successfully working out with a 2 year old? I try to work out before he wakes up in the morning. This is before I bring him where he needs to be and before I go to work. When he wakes up early my work out is disrupted. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I used to get up at 4:30am to work out. Now I belong to a gym that has child care starting at 8am. So, I take my girl there while I work out. She loves it. She always talks about going to the gym to play with kids.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I have twins, they are almost 3 now. I work out when they go to bed. That is usually around 10pm. It gets late, but I do what I can do. I can't get up early to workout, its just not in me.

With mine, I could get outside and do some things. They occupy themselves way better outside, but I'm not an outside exerciser. I dont' like it, and hate the heat.
  • I have a 20 month old, I put him in his high chair and give him a lot of food...that keeps him very happy for a while, if he gets restless, I let him down and he just does his own thing or he will get on me if I am doing pushups/situps...which is wicked hard-but definately makes me realize, I don't ever want to gain weight again!:laugh:
  • sakitchens
    sakitchens Posts: 37 Member
    I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Plus I watch a 4 month old so I know how hard it is to excersie with them around. With my 2 year old I try to get him involved he likes to try to do what I do he even does situps and leg lifs. When I am on the treadmill I let them play playdough or do a craft. I try to let them do special things that they do not normally get to do. I think my son likes it alot. Good luck you just need to find the right activity for your 2 year old.
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    I have a 3yr old and a 6yr old. I walk around the track with my neighbor while our kids play at the park...which is in the middle of the park. My neighbor also has a baby that she pushes in a stroller while we walk. You could try that. I also workout at home after the kids go to bed.
  • jjwoods
    jjwoods Posts: 13 Member
    I run every day with my 2 1/2 year old and my 14 month old in a double stroller. I usually stop at a playground or do something special for them after the run and I let my older one bring little toys with him (the younger one would just throw them out of the stroller). My 2 1/2 year old really doesn't like going on runs, but I tell him it's so mommy can stay healthy. He's pretty good about it.
  • SJUL77
    SJUL77 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for all the great tips!
This discussion has been closed.