I like big butts and I can not lie! :P

Options
Hi All,

I'm in the process of losing weight (I'm down 45ish pounds so far) and I'm starting to notice my booty pants are droopy butt pants. I'm ok with losing pant sizes, but I'm not ok with a flat rear end. What are you doing to keep your butt bountiful?

I'm just doing cardio right now, so I'm thinking I need to add squats to my morning routine. Is there anything else I should be doing???

Also, if I start building butt muscles will it make my rear "rock hard" or will it still be soft and feminine? I want to be fit, not a hard body. Sorry if that's a dumb question. :/

PS: I'm always looking for friends to motivate and keep me motivated, so add me if you want!

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats, deadlifts, lunges...

check out Stronglifts, Starting Strength or Wendler.

If you don't have access to equipment, check out You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning or Nerd Fitness

ETA: The softness or hardness of your body all depends on body fat. Just because you weight train doesn't mean you will just get hard. The appearance, as I said, really depends on your body fat %.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dang, I wuz in for pics, but #IAreDisappoint! @Joy already chimed in with what I was gonna say.

BTW: You grew up on ST:TNG, so #IAreLessDisappoint
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats, deadlifts, lunges...

check out Stronglifts, Starting Strength or Wendler.

If you don't have access to equipment, check out You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning or Nerd Fitness

ETA: The softness or hardness of your body all depends on body fat. Just because you weight train doesn't mean you will just get hard. The appearance, as I said, really depends on your body fat %.

^^ Joy is right.

My rear, though still fat, has lifted and rounded out due to weighted squats and deadlifts. Just keep your body fat at the "softness" you like.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Body By You (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345528972) right now because I don't have access to weights at the moment (sad) I've heard good things about it and it's body firming/booty popping potential, I've only been at it a week so...you know, it all looks the same to me.

Barring that there's always

booty-pop.jpg
  • woltab
    woltab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! My boyfriend has a weight set that I'm too intimidated to mess with. I think I'm going to have to figure it out and get my squats, deadlifts, lunges on!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. I'm hoping I can improve my booty. He's got a large excerpt of the book on his website.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Squats definitely sound like a great idea if you want to keep your butt.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! My boyfriend has a weight set that I'm too intimidated to mess with. I think I'm going to have to figure it out and get my squats, deadlifts, lunges on!

That's great that you have a set handy! From what I understand, Starting Strength is a great book to start with, it will give you some good info on form. You can also take a peek at some youtube videos by Mark Rippetoe to make sure you have your form down before you start. Once you feel informed, you'll feel much more confident.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Body By You (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345528972) right now because I don't have access to weights at the moment (sad) I've heard good things about it and it's body firming/booty popping potential, I've only been at it a week so...you know, it all looks the same to me.

booty-pop.jpg

LOL! Too funny!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    yep do some squats and lunges! You will still have a soft butt if you keep some of your body fat. Your muscle may be bigger underneath all the fat but that will just make it rounder and perkier.
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

booty-pop.jpg

LOL! Too funny!

Yes! Too funny!!!! hahahaha
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do body weight sumo squats, curtsy squats, lunges, and 15 minutes on the stair machine every time I do cardio.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    When I do cardio, I make sure I use a high incline on the treadmill or a high incline and resistance on an eliptical. I also do squats and I think I have a pretty awesome butt.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    When I do cardio, I make sure I use a high incline on the treadmill or a high incline and resistance on an eliptical. I also do squats and I think I have a pretty awesome butt.

+1. This girl knows what she's talking about, and gives great advice.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. I'm hoping I can improve my booty. He's got a large excerpt of the book on his website.

I've been doing Strong Curves for about 6 weeks now, and I can assure you it will give you better glutes. It isn't easy, but it sure is effective!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more butts!
  • afreelandgti
    Options

booty-pop.jpg

This works great until its time to show and prove lol. I would be soooo mad.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options

I've been doing Strong Curves for about 6 weeks now, and I can assure you it will give you better glutes. It isn't easy, but it sure is effective!

Awesome!! I can't wait to get started. The trainer at the gym is supposed to call me tomorrow.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    a lot of people do,,, me, I do not.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    This title is misleading....