Cat calls walking home from the gym, UGH!!!

Options

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    g]

I love this! Good pic choice! :love:

ha too bad the whole pic didn't fit
    tumblr_mivfl5A2DW1qebj23o1_250.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I live about a mile from the gym, and some days, it's really nice to just take a walk home after a hard workout.

Well, today it was kind of annoying to me because of cat calls. There were three of them yelling out from a convertible Mercedes, whistling, making gestures and just plain being obnoxious!

This kind of behavior makes me wonder how kids are being raised to think this is appropriate behavior toward a middle-aged person.

The worst part is that my husband has been bragging about these three young ladies all day. He's been giggling and grinning and telling me how "flattered" he is about being called "hey handsome!" or some such.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get him to shut up about it already?

bazinga.gif
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I would tell him "Shut up" but I am straight forward and my SO says I am a little mean spirited (he likes the abuse) but honesty couldn't hurt right?
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Really divorce? Over catcalls? Get even though.

This is MFP! (In my this is Sparta voice)

People here get divorced over text messages all the time.
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time. Just make their day and smile back at them. It doesn't hurt anyone (including your ego). As for your husband, just remind him that those girls are right....if you tell him enough, maybe he won't need to hear it somewhere else. Sounds harmless enough to me.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Come to Illinois. I would never do anything like that.

*runs from your husband, he scares the *kitten* out of me*
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time. Just make their day and smile back at them. It doesn't hurt anyone (including your ego). As for your husband, just remind him that those girls are right....if you tell him enough, maybe he won't need to hear it somewhere else. Sounds harmless enough to me.

^ This makes good sense. I'd go with this one, OP. Your poor husband clearly needs more attention.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

^ This makes good sense. I'd go with this one, OP. Your poor husband clearly needs more attention.
    Are you always late for the party?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Shut up.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    better to be whistled at than moo'd.....
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Kill him its the only choice
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

Shut up.

just break up™
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    better to be whistled at than moo'd.....

insert loud laughing....

hey she has a point
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hold the beer, steak, ice cream and bacon hostage,

Look, I can understand the whole break up, take his money, kill him stuff, but what you've suggested here is cruel and unusual. Your suggestion is bad, and you should feel bad!
  • Spokesman
    Spokesman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As for the cat calls you recieve I would just keep walking and ignore the idiots doing them. That is truly disrespectful for anyone to do to another person. If someone wants to give you a complement, they should do so in a respecful manner. First by asking your permission if it's okay to do so. And you have to consider how your husband would feel if someone did so. Think of how you feel with him being complemented. Now as for your husband being complemented, if this truly bothers you. You should be able to be honest with your husband and tell him how it makes you feel. If you can't be totally honest with each other, then there is at least some trouble in the marriage.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You don't have too many choices, really breaking up may be your best one.

Or you could try to systematically crush his ego. Maybe shrink his jeans?

I tried that once. They just shrank in the front, were too tight on his jumblies, and it made him strut around like a cowboy. Fun times that was. He even told the lady at the jeans store where his jeans were too tight and why he needed new ones.

Post of the day!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think your only option here is to start going topless around the neighborhood, until you have received more catcalls than him.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Cheat for revenge.

or just cuz.

I'm only a few miles away and will help you with this.
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    As for the cat calls you recieve I would just keep walking and ignore the idiots doing them. That is truly disrespectful for anyone to do to another person. If someone wants to give you a complement, they should do so in a respecful manner. First by asking your permission if it's okay to do so. And you have to consider how your husband would feel if someone did so. Think of how you feel with him being complemented. Now as for your husband being complemented, if this truly bothers you. You should be able to be honest with your husband and tell him how it makes you feel. If you can't be totally honest with each other, then there is at least some trouble in the marriage.

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg