New to MFP. 28 stay at home MOM from upstate NY

Options
Mandy290
Mandy290 Posts: 15 Member
Became a stay home mom almost 7 years ago. Household chores do not work as an exercise for losing weight or even maintaining your weight. I kept telling myself over the last 5 years, "oh that's only 3 pounds add on. I'll loose that pretty easy." well now I'm about 40 pounds overweight. So depressing. I have really noticed in the last 4 months the littlest things make me breath heavy. Its not so easy to keep up with three children under the age of 9 and my youngest being 18 months.

Pretty much looking for positive people that can help me and I can help as well along our journey of getting healthier and closer to our goal.

Replies

• AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm a SAHM too :) I slowly had the pounds pack on and I'm working on getting them off
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 27 year old mom of 2, and I also live in upstate NY. I work a part time job, but I am home with the kids mostly. Sending a friend request your way!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a stay at home mom too, and possibly evidence that it CAN be done.

Make those 40lbs your b**ch. ;)
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 28 and a sahm of 3 as well feel feel to send a request.
  • j4m8
    j4m8 Posts: 32
    Options
    Where in NY, ladies?
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and stay home as well. Household chores DO in fact serve as exercise if you don'.t normally do them as a part of your daily activity but for a stay at home mom you are correct. As a stay at home Disabled US Army (Infantry) Veteran Grandfather I have to exercise within my limited ability which includes walking only. All other types of exercise have been shot down by doctors as well as reality so I find myself doing excessive walking to further my weight loss program. I was told all I could hope for is 1/4 to 1/2 lbs. per week. Nearing the end of week #14 I have lost 68 lbs. or 4.86 lbs. per week. Friends request sent.
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    father of 4 boys myself, quasi-stay at home, (work nights). i feel your pain on the struggling to keep up, one of the reasons why im losing weight too.
  • Mandy290
    Options
    Thanks to everyone to reached out to me. I've never been on a forum or even a site like this. Still learning my way around the site.

One of the hardest things for me is to not snack at night. Or even not be tempted to grab that cookie when my kids want me to bake for them. Another hard thing for me is the fact that I bake all type of cakes out of my home for others. There's always left over something, Putting mind over matter is still something I'm working on.

for exercises I'm doing shaun T's workout at least 30 minutes during the day and bike riding another 30 minutes at night after my kids are in bed. Its definitely harder to fit in workouts during summer with 3 kids.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from upstate NY too! what area? I'm just outside of Albany.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi! Current SAHM to 4 kiddos aged 5-15. I'm in Buffalo, NY and this time around on the weight loss wagon I can smell success! I've learned to immediately throw away the leftover food on the kids lunch/dinner plates otherwise I'll nibble their leftovers. Its a bit hard to find the time during the day to exercise but you can do this!
  • Mandy290
    Options
    I'm a little over an hour north of Albany, Only a 30 minute ride from Lake George.
  • 3catlove
    3catlove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also a stay at home mom for the last couple years. I'm 38 and have a two year old. I just started MFP a week ago and love the tracking. I haven't added in exercise yet but know that I need to. I must be more active than I thought though because I have lost more than MFP says I should. I'm guessing some water weight comes off when you first start. Anyway I would love some MFP friends and support if anyone is interested.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My younger brother used to live in Ithaca, NY when he was going to school at Cornell University (the family smarts passed me up, I guess).
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey, girl! Just sent FR :)
  • sassyd99
    sassyd99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Newbie & SAHM too! Feel free to add me.
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM of 4 and I didn't have a weight issue until I had kids and started staying home so I feel your pain! MFP is a great tool :0)! My husband is from Clifton Park, NY....it is beautiful over there!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Saratoga Springs :)
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and in upstate NY. I love kids, just never blessed with any myself. My desk job makes it harder to be active.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome progress!
    I am 53 and stay home as well. Household chores DO in fact serve as exercise if you don'.t normally do them as a part of your daily activity but for a stay at home mom you are correct. As a stay at home Disabled US Army (Infantry) Veteran Grandfather I have to exercise within my limited ability which includes walking only. All other types of exercise have been shot down by doctors as well as reality so I find myself doing excessive walking to further my weight loss program. I was told all I could hope for is 1/4 to 1/2 lbs. per week. Nearing the end of week #14 I have lost 68 lbs. or 4.86 lbs. per week. Friends request sent.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the lower Adks :)