MP3 Players

Options
Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced MP3 player? Mine is about to bite the dust. I like the kind that you can strap to your arm Would love your recommendations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in Advance,
Andrea!:smile:

Replies

• GingerDarlene
    Options
    I love my Ipod shuffle; it's so tiny and you can clip to your shirt, I use to have an Ipod nano with sportsband; that got on my nerves. The shuffles are under $100.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    I <3 my iPad Touch, especially as a gizmo that does so much more than just play mp3s ('course that entirely depends on your definition of "reasonably priced"). They do make sport arm bands to fit them.
  • Sinisterch1k
    Options
    Mine recently hit the dust too. I checked on apple.com for refurbished ipods, I ended up buying one from a local pawn store. They had the latest generation ipod that was still in good shape for less than they offer on apple, plus you can haggle them. They had others as well of different brands. You just have to reset the software and remove songs you may not like. Otherwise I would recommend it.
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    i went and got a great cell phone and added internet to my phone now i can listen to what i want whenever i want its great good luck
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love my Ipod shuffle; it's so tiny and you can clip to your shirt, I use to have an Ipod nano with sportsband; that got on my nerves. The shuffles are under $100.

This, we got one for my daughter, its what I will probably replace my nano with, and its about $60
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I hate Apple because of 10+ bad experiences with them. Especially for exercising, I loathe the Shuffle because if one drop of sweat touches the controllers on the cord, they stop working. It's a joke. After countless trouble with iPods, I got a Zune and it works great to this day.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I hate Apple because of 10+ bad experiences with them. Especially for exercising, I loathe the Shuffle because if one drop of sweat touches the controllers on the cord, they stop working. It's a joke. After countless trouble with iPods, I got a Zune and it works great to this day.

That's really surprising to me. We have five iPods in the family, and no one has had issues. I used to run with my big iPod, and love it. I even dropped it while running when it was brand new. I watched it cartwheeling down the sidewalk after having it for just a couple of weeks (no case at that time), and it still works like new 3 years later.

I don't recommend the shuffle, just because my favorite feature for an mp3 player is the ability to make playlists, which you can't do with the shuffle.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a Sansa Clip and I just love it.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenv/

i have a zen. also carried my ipod touch, but it fell in the toilet. i would keep anything you want to keep away from the gym. :) accidents.

the zen is tiny and light weight. the ipod shuffle is also very nice, but i don't have that one.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options

I was wondering about this because I have the same problem with the ipod that's on my iPhone. About 25 minutes into my walk/jog is starts crapping out. I've tried keeping it in my pocket, holding it in my hand, and strapping it to my waist with my t shirt
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

I was wondering about this because I have the same problem with the ipod that's on my iPhone. About 25 minutes into my walk/jog is starts crapping out. I've tried keeping it in my pocket, holding it in my hand, and strapping it to my waist with my t shirt
    I went web reading on apples before I got a simple MP3 player to start out until I figure out what I want later. Time and time again I was reading about various Apple issues, same ones time and again, work for 2 weeks, replace it, work for 2 weeks replace it, and not just a few ppl, it amazed me how many times I saw the same comment. But most that comment are putting issues down, not lots of ppl stop and take time to say how great they love a product. So that's always good to keep in mind when reading product comments. But it almost sounds like there was some bad lots that went out since some have NOT had issues as the above person stated.

Ray, it might be worth getting ahold of Apple themselves as for awhile they were replacing them because of so many issues ppl were reporting that same thing you mentioned is happening with yours. Be worth a shot, right? :)

Becca
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks sooo much everyone!
    Was at the gym last night and some one had an ipod shuffle, i asked to see it. it was amazing to me how frickin small it was! i think i may be afraid i would loose it. not sure. also thinking i may like a display screen, nothing big at all but again like how my current one (that is in the midst of biting the dust) has a strap that i put on my arm and it always stays still, its just the mp3 player is crap now.
    i did check out the sansa clip, that looks nice too. does anyone know if they make a strap to adhere to your arm?

thanks again everyone!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i have a sansa mp3 player. Mine is outdated and still works amazingly. It is a sansa e260! I love it! They allow music or radio if you want it. You can put videos or pictures on there also!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Sansa's...one the old e140........still works, but wanted more storage, and a 4gb. very inexpensive.
    also got a 2gb at kmart (do u have one where u live?) for about $20.
    check ebay.......also the pawn shop is a great idea!
    happy exercising!!:flowerforyou:
  • thenebean9
    Options
    i had a shuffle, once upon a time, and i absolutely loved it. it was orange and i could just clip it on and go. to get around the whole playlist issue, i just put the one playlist that i want on there and that's it. i don't put any extra music, just the stuff i know i'm gonna want to listen to. i think you can listen to it in order too if you need it to be that specific! I have a nano now (and a touch) and i like them both, but i do miss my shuffle!

the new nano they just announced yesterday is small like the previous generation shuffle but with a touch screen...

and according to the apple website, the new shuffle allows for playlists...
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options

I went web reading on apples before I got a simple MP3 player to start out until I figure out what I want later. Time and time again I was reading about various Apple issues, same ones time and again, work for 2 weeks, replace it, work for 2 weeks replace it, and not just a few ppl, it amazed me how many times I saw the same comment. But most that comment are putting issues down, not lots of ppl stop and take time to say how great they love a product. So that's always good to keep in mind when reading product comments. But it almost sounds like there was some bad lots that went out since some have NOT had issues as the above person stated.

Ray, it might be worth getting ahold of Apple themselves as for awhile they were replacing them because of so many issues ppl were reporting that same thing you mentioned is happening with yours. Be worth a shot, right? :)

Becca

I was holding out hope that I could find my old mp3 player. It has more songs on it anyway and I wouldn't have to deal with itunes because I can get songs for 9 cents each ( gomusic.ru) but, no luck yet. Thanks for the info, I may have to do what you said, or get another mp3 player.