Confused about this week's weigh in - any opinions of what's

Options
Hi ya!
I'm a little confused on this week's weigh in. This week I weighed in at the same week as last, but I'm down 4 inches.
Any thoughts on what's going on??
(Also I'm not sure if it matters, but this week of the month I am usually up a bit with water weight. if you know what I mean)
Anyway, thanks, for your thoughts. :)

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you've been exercising a lot and are retaining water in any way, you could have lost fat (which would translate to inches) but the water weight will show up on the scale. You'll probably see a good loss next week.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    It could be that you're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat, hence the reason you lost inches and not pounds. :)
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    i dont know i weighed the same and it said i was down 10 lets just go with it and be happy
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    yep. fat loss. they aren't the most SUPER accurate, but i found that having one of those scales that measure body fat and hydration. they really help on those WHAT? times... when i thought everything was on the up and up and am a little heavier - i switch the mode and low and behold, I am dehydrated. i think in your case it sounds like if you were doing this you'd start noticing the fat percentage going down (which is a GREAT feeling!)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle. BUT, muscle is leaner and takes up less space than fat. Loosing inches is just what you want to be doing you're right on course and the weight will follower, too.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It could be that you're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat, hence the reason you lost inches and not pounds. :)

have you been working out, you might have lost inches, but after a hard workout sometimes the muscles will retain water causing some weight gain.

And No Muscle and Fat weigh the same :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It takes 6 months of hard-core weight training for a woman to gain a pound of muscle (or something like that).

However, when you work out hard, your muscles retain water while reparing themselves, which shows as weight on the scale, but it's just water retention and will go away.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is EXCELLENT news! If you are losing inches, you are undoubtedly losing fat, in spite of it being "that time of the month." Congratulations!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you've been exercising a lot and are retaining water in any way, you could have lost fat (which would translate to inches) but the water weight will show up on the scale. You'll probably see a good loss next week.

Totally agree
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess we will see what happens on the scale next week. :)