homemade pasta question!

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
I am making homemade pasta tonight for dinner guests on Friday. (Yes, it's fast and normally made the day I use it, but it a very bus busy week, this just works better.)
I plan on letting the noodles dry for 2 hours or so, then wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge till Friday... Will that be OK? Anyone done that? Dried it most. The way then stuck in the fridge for 3 days?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I usually freeze my dough or noodles since after about a day or two it gets a bit dry around the edges. It should be fine, but it also depends on how cold your fridge is. I would freeze them just to be sure. I've had noodles have strange textures and not be as light when I leave them in the fridge for a few days, but I've never had any problems when I freeze them.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Thanks.
    do I need to thaw them before boiling?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    do I need to thaw them before boiling?

I don't bother. As long as they aren't sticking together. Just add an extra 1-2 minutes depending on the thickness of the noodles. If they're SUPER thick, add 3 minutes. But homemade cooks so fast (even when dried) you still don't need to boil for very long.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    thanks so much for the tips!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I dry it completely and then store it in an airtight container. Keep the container in a cool, dry cabinet. Heat and moisture will cause mold. I've used it after a few weeks of being stored this way and it's worked out great. :smile:
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I dry it completely if it is just a basic pasta. If I fill it to make a ravioli or tortellini I freeze it. They both taste great and get great reviews from my guests but I prefer fresh pasta whenever possible. There is a subtle change that takes place but it will still be wonderful in either case.