NSV: Another Size Bites the Dust (10 Sizes Down)

Options

Replies

• DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! :flowerforyou:
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    AWESOmE, AWESoME! So very proud of you!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I'm trying not to let my self-perception limit my possibilities - size, shape, fitness. I found some "skinny" photos the other day, and, whilst I was a lot more comfortable at that weight, there is a lot more potential there. Well done again :)
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! WTG!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    That is an unbelievably amazing achievement. You look fantastic, it's hard to recognize that you are the same person as the first photos.
  • TabbiToo
    TabbiToo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
    Can you tell me if you stuck to the calorie goals set or if you ate your calories back that MFP gave your for exercise? I would really like to know that answer. I typically eat 3/4 of the calories set by MFP and exercise one to two hours per day 6 days a week. I do not eat any of the calories added back by exercise. I have lost 11 pounds so far (3 weeks), but am not sure if this is the right way to go about my goals. I would love to know what you did. Thanks for sharing.
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    Wow... what a great accomplishment!! Very well done!!
  • Deelishous
    Deelishous Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    great job! congratulations! it's just something about that size 12 that's so liberating! :o) *HIGH FIVE*
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! You rock! xoxox
  • MadMonsterMom
    MadMonsterMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • Darkeyedemt
    Darkeyedemt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing job :)
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing progress! You are awesome!
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
    Can you tell me if you stuck to the calorie goals set or if you ate your calories back that MFP gave your for exercise? I would really like to know that answer. I typically eat 3/4 of the calories set by MFP and exercise one to two hours per day 6 days a week. I do not eat any of the calories added back by exercise. I have lost 11 pounds so far (3 weeks), but am not sure if this is the right way to go about my goals. I would love to know what you did. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much! In the beginning I stuck to my calorie goals assigned by mfp (keep in mind it was a lot b/c i was so much heavier) and very rarely ate back my exercise calories. as i lost weight my allotted calories decreased and my exercise amount increased. on the weekends i would typically eat back some of my calories but usually during the week, i didn't. mfp decreased my calories to 1210 which isn't sustainable for me and i struggled to stick to that amount when not working out.

close to a month ago, my weekly weight loss started slowing down so i switched things up. i played around with mfp and increased my allotted calories to 1450 and started eating more calories during the day regardless if i worked out or not. since then, my weekly weight loss has bumped up again and i have lost 12.4 lbs in just shy of 1 month bye eating more. i really don't think i was getting enough calories b/c i was trying to eat around 1200 and burning around 1000 +. now i still burn 1000 + but i'm eating 1400-1500 calories during the week and a typically a lot more on the weekends.

actually about 2 weeks into increasing my daily calorie consumption, i pulled both of my quad muscles playing softball and took 8 days off from working out. i continued to eat the higher calorie amount (as much as i didn't want to b/c i wasn't working out) and i totally figured i would not lose any weight. to my surprise, when i got on the scale the following friday (my weekly weigh in day) i had lost 7 lbs. i was in total shock. i really think that eating more has helped and will continue to eat more.

i know people have strong opinions on eating back calories vs. not eating them. i say do your research, try it out and see what works for you and your body and stick to that method. if it starts slowing down, etc. switch things up and see what happens.

i hope this helps.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    that is amazing! great, great, great job!!!!
    question.....you went from a 22 to a 12? or a 32 to a 12? what is considered a size? I would think going from size 22 to 12 would be going down 5 sizes not 10. since there is no size 21. it skips. e.g. size 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12? thoughts? maybe i am overanalyzing LOL

I went from 30/32 to a 12. That is why I say 10 b/c I count the even numbers as a size, 12, 14,16...etc.

thanks so much for the support from everyone!!

WOW!!!! Awesome job!!! Congratulations ....you are an inspiration!!
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job! I want to do just that also. I'm not aiming for 14, but 16 right now. Got a pair of awesome jeans I want to get into. Still got the tags on them. :)
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Time to go shopping! Great job!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! =) Totally awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!