Need Extra Motivation

I don't know why I can not just get my head in the game. Once I am faced with a choice, I always decide on the most unhealthy one. I am addicted to sweets. urgh!

Replies

• merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    I am a sweets lover myself; however, I've made some progress with my "addiction." One thing I've learned is that the longer I'm away from certain "easy" sweets, the less I crave them. That's the hard part: cutting off ties, but I've been somewhat successful because I know if I go buy a Kit Kat right now, I'll want another one tomorrow and then the next day. I don't want to fight it again, so I do everything I can NOT to cave for those sweets. I also try to keep those items out of my house. I don't buy cookies anymore and I won't even buy ice cream. I know if it's in the house, I'll overeat. I can't stop at one Golden Oreo!!!

However, I do allow myself the occasional sweet that isn't "easy." If I go out to dinner and still have room, I may indulge in a piece of cake or a sundae. Those don't affect my cravings as much because they aren't easy to get (at least not in my mind). I won't go back to that restaurant the next day for another piece of cake. Plus, I know it's a financial splurge a well. LOL! I can't drop $5 or more for something sweet at a restaurant every time I'm there.

Fruit has also help replace those items in my house. Thank the Lord for watermelon and strawberries because I could eat them all day and I don't get the guilt from them. They are sweet, so a little bit of that craving is replaced.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    I am having this exact problem right now. I was doing so well until recently, when I got lax about having sweet stuff in the house. No more. Time to reel in the slack I've been allowing myself lately. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far, and I know how much better I feel when I don't have all the extra weight on. As merryberry said, cutting off ties is the worst part (and what I've been failing at as of late), so after a cupboard/fridge toss, it will be a lot easier to not have those items tempting me. Feel free to friend me if you would like to check out my diary/want some extra support.
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    I'm with you! I'd been doing well for about 2 weeks, lost 8 or 9 lbs and managed to gain 2 of them back over the last week. I really want to make it work this time, and it's really disheartening that I know I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow for my official weekly weigh-in (I weigh myself daily but record on Wednesdays) and have gained. I was good all day and could not stop myself from scarfing a piece of 2 day old, cold bacon pizza about an hour ago. Help!!
  • meow326
    meow326 Posts: 2
    Hi !! your post here really encouraged me. I just joined and this is day 1 of eating healthy, without eating sweets. Tonight has been a struggle but reading what you wrote here is so true for me too !! Have a good night !!!! :smile: