Embarassing Weight Story??

Options
reddcat
reddcat Posts: 314 Member
Here's mine.....Took my son to the park today. After swinging on the swings for awhile, I went to hop off (also too dang short to reach the ground)....the button of my cargo shorts gets caught in the links (let's be real, was squeezing a lot of jelly in the seat) and I almost pantsed my own self. Thankfully the button gave way (and was rocketed into outer space), I fell to the ground, and moms and kids ran from miles around to save me....or point and laugh, could go either way. Felt like a beached whale on display.

What do you got???

Replies

• reddcat
    Options
    really?? no one???
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was at a house party with a group of my friends, and there was one of those cheap stripper poles. All my friends were swinging around it having fun, and I wanted to join in... but instead of swinging and having fun like everyone, else the pole couldn't hold my weight and it fell to the ground with me on it. 20+ people all turned around and saw me flat on my back with the pole in my hand.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I live in the Dominican Republic in the winter time. Dominican people just kinda say things...they don't have the filter that north American people have it seems.

One day while on the beach a woman came up to me and congratulated me on my pregnancy. This was despite the two alcoholic beverages I was toting and the cigarette hanging out of my lips. Then a week later one of the venders from the beach ran up to me and offered me a special gift for my little one that was on the way. About a month later, I was sitting on the steps of a Chinese restaurant when an older lady came up to me and started yelling that my baby was going to fall out. She demanded I take her little plastic chair...wow...okay so I took her chair and went a long with it....hey free chair right? Anyways...I think I needed to cut down on the rum and Chinese food....ugh!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Every picture that has been taking of me on vacation in the past 10 years. The normal ones don't bother me, but the ones on vacation where my fat gut is hanging out all over the place...ugh.
  • reddcat
    Options
    LOL at the stories! The things we go through. If I look like either of you girls in the end, I will be VERY happy and it will all be worth it!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh, no! The worst thing that's happened to me is that my coworkers were convinced I was pregnant. I've never been pregnant in my life.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and I should understand the mind of middle school students but alas.. . . . . I intercepted a note on student was passing to another.

"See the baby wipes box under the projector? she's so fat she must think she's pregnant!"

The students got after school detention for passing notes and a phone call home for what they wrote. I started on My fitness Pal site.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was at a house party with a group of my friends, and there was one of those cheap stripper poles. All my friends were swinging around it having fun, and I wanted to join in... but instead of swinging and having fun like everyone, else the pole couldn't hold my weight and it fell to the ground with me on it. 20+ people all turned around and saw me flat on my back with the pole in my hand.

Please forgive my lolz at this.:frown:
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Please forgive my lolz at this.:frown:

I laugh at it now too! lol
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i donated blood the other day. before the actual donation, a nurse takes you to a private room to ask you basic questions about your general health and well being. lo and behold...i had a super attractive male nurse asking me questions, minus a wedding ring. i was getting my major flirt on until he asked: "height and weight?" .....i ended up lying and said that i weighed 170. he didn't flinch, but i saw him write down: ~200. i thought i was going to die, i couldn't get away from him fast enough. haha! (i weigh 220-230).
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    i donated blood the other day. before the actual donation, a nurse takes you to a private room to ask you basic questions about your general health and well being. lo and behold...i had a super attractive male nurse asking me questions, minus a wedding ring. i was getting my major flirt on until he asked: "height and weight?" .....i ended up lying and said that i weighed 170. he didn't flinch, but i saw him write down: ~200. i thought i was going to die, i couldn't get away from him fast enough. haha! (i weigh 220-230).

That's messed up!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Mine was last August, when husband and I were at our local annual fair. We were standing in line to go on the Ferris Wheel and when we got to the end of the line, the carny looked all embarrassed and said we had to wait until more people "our size" got on, to "balance it out." (At the time we were both about 280lbs). So, of course there were no other overweight people around for miles just then. Just a bunch of skinny teenagers with their cotton candy staring at us and wondering what the hold up was. So they get to go on and then more skinny kids come and stand in line... And everyone's still looking at us wondering why we can't get on.... me standing there with my bag of greasy donut holes, waiting redfaced for more chubby folks to come along so I can get on a stupid rickety ride... and bang....Revelation time.
     #1. There was NO way I was getting on any ride where a 280lb person or two overbalances it and...
    #2. I had had ENOUGH. I didn't start right away, but on October 1st, I started MFP at 270lbs.
    Now that fair is here again in about 4 weeks and I weigh almost 100lbs less than I did that day. I am going on the Ferris Wheel with the skinny teenagers! And I still get to have the donut holes too, just in moderation. Gotta love it.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    A picture of me in our local paper with my ALL TIME FAVORITE author Brian Freeman (Jonathon Stride series, The Bone House)

I called my personal trainer, in tears, the very same day it appeared. Lost 11 lbs. Then my thyroid decided to screw me over and I gained it all back, but I'm back on track and losing again.
  • reddcat
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing! Clearly, you all were motivated by what happened to you. Way to turn it around!
  • zombiefangirl31
    zombiefangirl31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have two from a few years ago.

First: I went to dinner with my former roommates one night at a restaraunt that one of them worked at. Her boss came over to our table to talk for a while. It was obvious that he was interested in my other roommate- he was practically drooling over her. It didn't bother me that he was so interested in her, but I was pretty much invisible to him to the point he didn't even look at me. Actually, he stood between us with his back towards me. The next day, when my roommates and I were talking, the one who worked at the restaurant received a text from him saying that if her hot, skinny roommate needed a job he would hire her. Nearly five years later, his exact words are still stuck in my head- "the hot, skinny one."

Second: I went to New Orleans once with a friend and pretty much had the best time of my life. That is until she uploaded her pictures on facebook. I could no longer lie to myself, especially while looking at pictures of myself fat and bloated.

I have more stories, but can't afford the amount of therapy that bringing all of this back up would call for.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have seriously lol at some of these, just picturing them! Embarrassing weight story for me was being turned away from a ride with my kid because the bar would not latch. SO we both had to do the "walk of shame" back to the gate to let ourselves out. He was too small to ride alone, so we both had to leave. MORTIFYING! Just so thankful I did not know any of those people, but this kind of stuff is what keeps me going every day...NEVER AGAIN!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I took a lot of summer school so I could graduate early. I usually ended up in classes that were also attended by pregnant girls. One day the teacher was passing out forms for the "motherhood" classes those girls could opt into and he just handed one to me as if he assumed I was pregnant. Bummed me out.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, a group of guys learned the phrase "Tu eres gordo" and said it to me every time one of them walked past me. I finally googled it one day and learned it basically means "you are fat" in Spanish. I was heartbroken and totally embarrassed. I still get embarrassed every time I see one of them.