Green Tea-Does it Work

Options
I have green tea here at home and have been reading that it is good at burning fat but I want to know if anyone has actually tried it, when they drank it, how many cups per day did they drink and how long before (if) any results were seen, thank you

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Drink it if you like it.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether it helps you REALLY to burn fat but, it sure does boost my energy and another thing it does is....strange but clears my constipation.. :)

Try it for a week and see whether u feel any diff...
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Green tea contain caffeine. Caffeine can temporarily boost your metabolism, but if you drink a lot, your body adjusts and it doesn't have the desired affect anymore. So you have to drink more . . . See the problem?

I like green tea and I drink it.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i drink about 4 cups a day cause i hate coffee but i feel a difference you should definitely give it a shot
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I have green tea here at home and have been reading that it is good at burning fat but I want to know if anyone has actually tried it, when they drank it, how many cups per day did they drink and how long before (if) any results were seen, thank you

Not so much that you would notice. Just eat a calorie deficit and do some moderate exercise.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Green tea tastes good I recommend it for that. Not so much for weight loss though.
  • HealthyVee
    HealthyVee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was drinking Dr. Oz's metabolism boost drink - green tea, tangerine slices, and mint- a while back. Tasted delicious but not sure if it helped me lose weight. However, I really think you can have too much of it. I was getting dizzy and jittery after a week of drinking several glasses every day.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Green Tea combined with a caloric deficit will help you lose weight. LOL Drink the tea if you like it but there is no magic elixer that will melt fat other than your own sweat. Best of luck to you.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking at least 4 cups of it almost daily. No observed effect on weight/metabolism. I drink it because I like it anyway, just noticed it doesn't do anything for weight so if that's why you want to drink it then don't drink it unless you like it.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I take Green Tea capsules but it doesn't do anything for weight loss but it is supposed to lower your cholesterol. My husband has had good results with it. I am on cholesterol meds so I'm not sure if it's helping or not but I still take.
  • HonestAbout
    Options
    Thank You everyone...I haven't tried it yet...but will for the flavour and a switch from coffee..not for weight loss...I will continue watching what I eat...try my best not to eat after 8 pm and also do my walk at home exercises.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Thank You everyone...I haven't tried it yet...but will for the flavour and a switch from coffee..not for weight loss...I will continue watching what I eat...try my best not to eat after 8 pm and also do my walk at home exercises.

Why not eat after 8pm?
  • HonestAbout
    Options
    trying not to eat before bed time
  • mikeinjapan
    mikeinjapan Posts: 8 Member
    Options

What pinkraynedrop is asking is ... not eating before bed has been debunked for years so why are you still doing it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It does work...to satisfy my craving for green tea. I drink a couple of pints of iced green tea in the evenings as I'm trying to lay off the beer.
  • HonestAbout
    Options

What pinkraynedrop is asking is ... not eating before bed has been debunked for years so why are you still doing it.
    I just started doling it(Not eating after 8pm)..because I am a horrible night time eater..that is when I crave the junk...but now I don't have any junk food...I heard about it being debunked but I have also heard its bad to go to bed with a full stomach
    I have slipped though and will eat a yogurt or apple
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Green Tea by itself won't burn fat.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I don't believe green tea, in and of itself, somehow burns fat while you are busy eating poorly or not exercising. The only way I think it has anything to do with burning fat is if, while you are drinking it, relaxing and enjoying that one nice cup of tea, you are not reaching for the scones or dumping globs of sugar in it or pouring in the full-fat cream.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works...when combined with healthy nutrition & exercise. Just like everything else.