Water weight

Options
Hi guys I'm new to MFP. I seem to hold water and every time I start to diet it seems to be water weight as it comes back on faster than it comes off. Without the water weight my body is toned but as soon as it comes back on I look fatty. I'm careful now what I eat and drink to avoid storing too much water. My point is I can diet until the cows come home but my body doesn't seem to be storing much fat to get rid off its all just water. Suggestions?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I'm new to MFP. I seem to hold water and every time I start to diet it seems to be water weight as it comes back on faster than it comes off. Without the water weight my body is toned but as soon as it comes back on I look fatty. I'm careful now what I eat and drink to avoid storing too much water. My point is I can diet until the cows come home but my body doesn't seem to be storing much fat to get rid off its all just water. Suggestions?

the best way to get rig of excess water weight, is to drink loads of water... if you are well hydrated you wont be holding onto excess. mayeb look at your diet, see if you are eating things with a lot of sodium?
  • kethompson
    kethompson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would suggest to drink more.
    I drink at least 8 pints of water a day.
    I feel awful when I don't drink enough.

My mum drank loads and loads of water on holiday and she could fit into my size 12 shorts by the end of our holiday. However on the plane home she didn't drink anything and held onto the water. So when we got home everyone commented on how much weight she had GAINED! And she couldn't even do up my shorts.
  • erinnibhaoil
    erinnibhaoil Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A great way to get rid of initial water weight is to take dandelion root capsules or drink dandelion root tea. Once the initial water weight is gone it is easier to maintain with keeping hydrated.