Weight Lifting Calories Burned

Options
This is a great tool for watching calories, etc. The cardio calories burned are fairly accurate.

My question is...why are there no calories shown burned from weight lifting? When I do a serious session, my heart rate is up, I am breathing heavily, and I am soaked with perspiration. There is no question that serious calories are being burned. In fact, many weight lifting trainers do no recommend cardio because you get enough from the lifting.

If anyone knows anything about this, I would appreciate some feedback.

Thank you,

Dave

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I assume you're putting it under Strength Training which is for tracking only.

If you want the calorie credit you have to put it under Cardio.

Personally I don't burn enough calories to care so I've never tracked it, but you should find it under cardio.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Click Exercise -> Database -> and from the "choose an exercise below" dropdown menu, choose Strength Training (Weight Training, Weight Lifting). If you've created a profile and have been updating your weight, then all you need to do is add the minutes you spent training and it will create an estimate. Based on various online calculators, I think it does a pretty decent job of estimating the calories burned for most people.
  • coachdave01
    coachdave01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chris. I did exactly as you suggested. The calories do not move off of "0". I input bench press. It shows my current weight. I enter the number of minutes in the blank space. The "0" caloraies in green do not change no matter what I enter or how I enter it. Thank you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You're doing it under Strength Training. He's telling you to input it under Cardiovascular. Won't really matter because it's going to give you less calories than you think. Around 300 or so