Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :frown:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 128lbs. I got down to 119lbs around last Christmas but then I had some health issues and stopped logging and exercising for a few months. I'm 47 and can lose on 1650 calories if I walk 30-45 mins most days.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi I wish to God I could get to 138 lbs,Im 5 ft 2 also and am 145 Im very active watch everything I eat and cant seem to loose it!I have 5 kids and am 45 yrs old so maybe thats a factor,if I was 138 lbs Id be in 7th heaven,sorry now Im no help!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi I wish to God I could get to 138 lbs,Im 5 ft 2 also and am 145 Im very active watch everything I eat and cant seem to loose it!I have 5 kids and am 45 yrs old so maybe thats a factor,if I was 138 lbs Id be in 7th heaven,sorry now Im no help!

If you open your diary and start a thread maybe someone can help you work out what's wrong.
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 152. I'm at 135-137 right now and hoping to get down to 120 but I've been stuck since February. I was counting my calories and working out 3-5 times a week. I lost about 2 lbs a week. I have no idea how to break out of this stupid plateau!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I wish. I am about the same weight but only 4'10! I just started weight training and I hope that makes the difference. Ultimate goal is 115, but would be happy at 120
  • ileenalee
    ileenalee Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 109 pounds. My goal is 97. ^-^
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! It's good to know there are others out there going through similar experiences! :smile:
  • sawjaw23
    sawjaw23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 134. Started at 140-ish after gaining 20 or so pounds from quitting smoking two years ago. I want to get back to the 120 I was when I quit, but it's very difficult. Same exercise and nutrition as before. Running three miles a day and walking inclines for a half hour on the treadmill always kept me in very good shape. Now I'm into walking on the step mill (revolving staircase) for half an hour and doing the elliptical (boring) or running. Yoga once a week helps and I'm going to start getting back into group classes at the Y - kickboxing, strength training, etc. I've come down about 6 or 7 pounds since this winter.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, I would eat a small deficit, weight train and do HIIT and/or circuit training. I haven't lost weight; it wasn't my goal. But weight training and HIIT really transformed my body.
  • nspink22
    Options
    With so little to lose, I would eat a small deficit, weight train and do HIIT and/or circuit training. I haven't lost weight; it wasn't my goal. But weight training and HIIT really transformed my body.

That's exactly what I've been doing :smile: I do weight training Mon, Wed, Sat, HIIT Tues, Thurs, Sun, and yoga just about every day if I am able to make it to a class. I try to net about 1400 a day. I've only been back at it for about 3 weeks, but haven't seen even the slightest movement on the scale, and haven't really noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit, but perhaps I need to be a bit more patient. That's not always easy for me.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & 132.8lbs 28yrs old (29 @ the end of this month)
    I started out at 167.4lbs in January.
    My Goal weight is 125-127lbs

I was doing the regular MFP method then decided to start the TDEE -20%
    I like it alot better.

Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • nspink22
    Options
    I'm 5'2 & 132.8lbs 28yrs old (29 @ the end of this month)
    I started out at 167.4lbs in January.
    My Goal weight is 125-127lbs

I was doing the regular MFP method then decided to start the TDEE -20%
    I like it alot better.

Feel free to friend me :smile:

Alright, based on that calculator, my TDEE-20% is about 1750, with moderate exercise 3-5 hours per week (though I usually do more than that). I'll try this out and see if I have any luck!
  • megganxrose
    megganxrose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'1", about 147. I gained about ten pounds from the birth control I'm on, and I'm so frustrated it's hard for me to even get started again.

However before this ridiculous weight gain I was stuck at 138 for two+ months of 2 hour long work outs and staying within my macros. So frustrating. That's the only word I can use, lol.
  • shortmama28
    shortmama28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me.. i am 4'8 139 pounds, i have had difficulty losing weight since having my kids. I am looking for more support as well so maybe we could help eachother out! I have found mfp to be really helpful in my journey of losing weight, logging in as many days as possible does help!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 years old, 5'3" and at my goal weight of 109. I've just started heavy lifting program and I expect to gain a bit of weight from the new muscles, but lose in the measurements area....and I'm totally fine with that!

What really helped me out The Absolute Most was getting my FitBit. I was seriously underestimating the number of calories I burned each day and, therefore, not eating enough! I started eating more and was netting just above my BMR and it finally started to work and I burned the last 8 pounds off in three months.

Knowing precisely what you burn, and being extremely OCD on weighing your food and logging it should help immensely. Good luck!
  • kabochakitty
    kabochakitty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 137lbs, so pretty close.

I've been struggling to lose even just a few pounds since February. I would go to the gym every day and do 40 minutes on the elliptical, would try not to eat junk, etc. The scale wouldn't budge. I switched jobs and took something downtown where I walk 30-60 minutes every day, and I still wasn't seeing any movement. But I went vegan a few weeks ago and FINALLY the weight is coming off. I have an easier time not splurging on food if I know it's just simply off limits. I haven't felt deprived though, and I've been taking vitamins and watching my protein intake. My skin's looking better too (I have bad allergies), so hey, finally something's working!
  • nspink22
    Options
    5'1", about 147. I gained about ten pounds from the birth control I'm on, and I'm so frustrated it's hard for me to even get started again.

However before this ridiculous weight gain I was stuck at 138 for two+ months of 2 hour long work outs and staying within my macros. So frustrating. That's the only word I can use, lol.

I completely understand. I've been on and off birth control over the years. When I'm off, my weight is fine, but when I'm back on, I gain about 10 pounds, which is where I've picked up my last 10. There are people who will claim birth control doesn't make you gain weight, but in my experience of being both on and off, there is a distinct correlation between the two. It also seems much harder for me to lose while I'm on the pill. It sucks :(
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 my heaviest weight ever was 202 March 2012. When I started on here Sept 2012 at 190. Now I'm at 135. Would like to be 115-125
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", currently 149, trying to get to 125 - 128 for goal. I've been low carbing and keeping my calories around 1200 this past year. I work out 6 days a week. Three days strength training and 3 days running.