Looking for some motivational friends

Options
Hey everyone,

I've been a member for a while, but I've never been too committed. I created a new account and I'm starting fresh. I want to lose about 50 lbs., and I'm looking for some friends to help get me motivated. I'd like to lose the 50 by the end of the year.

Anyone looking to lose a similar amount in a similar time, please feel free to add me.

Cheers

Replies

• susanstuart18
    Options
    I'm just starting over too...Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SylvariH
    SylvariH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First day here and I am on the same path as you. :) Will add you if you don't mind.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been on for awhile. I am on everyday and log everything. Anyone can add me! :smile:
  • darintexas
    darintexas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started last month and MFP has been great! Have made several super supportive/motivational friends and it's helping so much!! =)) Please feel free to add me!
  • jeanettelawrence891
    Options
    i will be glad 2 help u
  • AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, here is a suggestion to find your motivation. Draw up a list of:
    a) advantages of dieting / losing weight
    b) disadvantages of dieting / losing weight
    c) advantages of not dieting / losing weight
    d) disadvantages of not dieting / losing weight,
    Although you might think c) and d) are repetitions of a) and b), they are not always.
    Try to come up with a few ideas for each e.g. effect on you / your body / your health / your social life / finances / etc.
    Draw these up in a table of advantages / disavantages vs dieting / losing weight vs not dieting / not losing weight
    and draw your own conclusions.
    I keep mine by my bedside table and only looked at it this morning to freshen up my resolve.
    Good luck!

PS Edited spelling errors
  • ksilverstar
    ksilverstar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've gotten on and off MFP several times, but i'm going to give it another try too, the inputting of the calories to me seems a bit cumbersome, how do you all do it? Is there an easier way? Feel free to add me as well..
  • SmartBlogz
    SmartBlogz Posts: 37
    Options
    Very new on here but I guess that will be for only a while. Very happy to help if I'm able to.