Labor Day Foods

Options
I'm sure it's completely unhealthy to associate holidays with food, but I do. And I associate Labor Day with hot dogs or hamburgers or steaks or something like that. What are you planning on having for Labor Day? I'm thinking maybe apple and chicken sausage (190 calories) on a wheat bun with some fresh, crunchy veggies on the side.

Replies

• ppatchell
    Options
    I completely releate! I have to start thinking 'healthy' when I think about Holidays! It's hard to change old habits but we can do it!! Good luck! - PS the chicken dish sounds delightful! :)

1877057.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm going to my hometown or staying here and having my folks over...but at least if they come here I can control the food! It's harder to resist temptation in situations where I am not in control.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I like the spinach feta chicken sausages in place of hot dogs!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I know this is far off, but this is my concern about Thanksgiving.
    Yumm... Stuffing :-/
  • Buccinator
    Options

Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. That and cranberry sauce. Actually, okay, I'll tell the truth. I mix them together. Okay, FINE. I mix them together and put them inside a homemade roll.

I mean, I did IN THE PAST. Now I just eat Laughing Cow. A lot. :smile:
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i agree with the challenge of food and potluck/bbq/ foot ball season but you can always bring your own things. The chicken apple dish sounds great! when i was at a pot luck two weekends ago i did about a tablespoon bite of each of the dishes so i got to try it all but didn't pig out nor go back. the veggie try was my friend. just hang tough and get through it :)
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Perdue Chicken Burgers 170 cals 75 mg sodium very good on a deli flat roll.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. That and cranberry sauce. Actually, okay, I'll tell the truth. I mix them together. Okay, FINE. I mix them together and put them inside a homemade roll.

I mean, I did IN THE PAST. Now I just eat Laughing Cow. A lot. :smile:

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite feasts of all time!! I plan on enjoying all of the things that I love, just on a much smaller scale than I normally would! Although, I think I will pass on eating the skin off the turkey! :tongue:
  • bigran82
    Options
    i think my biggest problem in the past was way too big of portions. labor day = several burgers/dogs, pasta sald, tons of chips/dips, beer, etc... thanksgiving = lots of turkey, lots of mashed potatoes/gravy, and TONS of stuffing. i'm ready to see how these upcoming food-related holidays go for me. labor day will be the first real test since i've started.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank God it will be easier this year! We are going over to one of our friends house and she is a vegetarian and they always have some yummy healthy snacks! hummus, veggies, veggie burgers, tofu dogs, grilled corn, salsa, etc. I'm not a big alcohol drinker, but I will still have to watch my calories with a drink or 2. Plan on drinking lots of water with it though! :bigsmile:

61845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bocagirl
    Options
    I'm glad to know I am not the only one concerend with Holiday eating!!! I like the Drinking lots of water idea and the only healthy item that I know off that will be at the BBQ we are going to is grilled chicken so that will be my lunch/dinner!

Good luck to all of those trying to make it through the holiday without packing on a pound or two..