Workout Headphones

Options
Does anyone know any sweat resistant headphones that does NOT come out of your ear and preferably a good quality sound when working out. I run, walk, HIIT workouts, etc and after about 15-20 min of sweating my headphones keep slipping out.

Replies

• usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem with the ear bud ones... I switched to the larger ones that go like the studio headphones
    and that helped out alot. As far as brand I use the Nakamichi brand from sears 15 bucks and they Rock...... Good Luck Ms
    lady I'm sure you will have to try a few pair to really find the ones you like the best..... Keep burning it up
  • msommy
    msommy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Polk Audio UltraFit 3000 headphones. They are amazing! They are designed for exercise and sweat proof! Check em' out.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    depending on how much you wanna spend

they have cheaper skull candy type sweat resistant earphones with a wing on them to lock them in place

for around 40$ you can get a pair of sennheiser's sports headphones which are excellent - and have a soft ear fin to lock them in place.

my personal all around favorite are the bose ie2 headphones - super soft feel, incredible sound quality and they let a little bit of ambient noise in for when I am running - they are a bit pricey though around 100 bucks, but I have put mine through the mill and they still work amazing - strong cord design too, it doesn't tangle
  • Vaughanabe13
    Options
    Westone 1's are the absolute best for working out. The cord is a special braided thin cable that isn't microphonic (doesn't make noise when you move). The sound quality is much better than you'll get with some cheap buds. They're low profile and light, and they're sound isolating so you won't hear much around you while you're working out. I've had a pair going on 4 years now and I love them.
  • collinsc99
    Options
    i bought the in ear klipsch s4 from amazon and they are amazing. i think i have weird ears since i have to have seperate ear tip sizes on them but they stay in and work amazing.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    YurBuds are pretty good. Nearly impossible to pull out, decent audio, and easy enough to hear outside noise (like cars).
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    After going through a whole lotta headhphones, I got the Yurbuds Ironman Series (these exact ones: http://tinyurl.com/my72bjz).

I did my first half marathon in them. They didn't budge, didn't make my ears sore, and IMO the audio quality is quite good. You can't beat the price either, around $50 on Amazon.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I use Gummi earbuds. I've never really had a problem with earbuds falling out, but the gummi ones have a texture that I think holds them really well. Plus they're really cheap and sound good.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    After going through a whole lotta headhphones, I got the Yurbuds Ironman Series (these exact ones: http://tinyurl.com/my72bjz).

I did my first half marathon in them. They didn't budge, didn't make my ears sore, and IMO the audio quality is quite good. You can't beat the price either, around $50 on Amazon.

Those look like Gushers Fruit Snacks!
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    These are fantasic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005HP3PNM/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

They stay in your ear, while not being uncomfortable. The sound quality is off the chart as well. They were rated the best 'budget' earphones of 2012 and 2013 by quite a few well known sites.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I use beates by dre buds, they have different size and shape buds for different size and shaped ears lol..
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Yurbuds. I have extremely small ear canals and I have trouble with them falling out or being uncomfortable. They make a style specifically for women. I got them at a marathon fitness expo and the rep measured my ear and fit me for the right size. I absolutely love them. I wear them on runs and have had no problems with them falling out and they sound great.
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lots of great recommendations. I need some new ones that won't pop out myself, so I'll have to look into some of these.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I just got the Skullcandy over the ear kind from Amazon and I like them a lot.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    HERE, the only time these have come out, is when I have accidentally ripped it out by catching the cord with a weight ......

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJE120A-In-Ear-Headphone-Blue/dp/B003EM6AOG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373463774&sr=1-1&keywords=Panasonic+RPHJE120A

They sound great, and are cheap as heck .......and have almost 5000 4 & 5 star reviews .....
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess I'm lucky. I bought some of the cheap 10 Euro-kind and they're great. Never slip out of my ears and the sound quality is good. Not amazing but they drown out the other noise and have a pretty clear sound. Sadly, I don't remember the brand. :(
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always ran into problems with a cord.... So, I have a wireless headset that I got from the Sprint store. It goes inside your ears and around the back of your head and always stays put. Controls for sound and audio settings are right near the earpieces. Incidentally you can also receive phone calls as I have it sync'd up to my phone.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use the Sony ones that go over my ears because I always had the same problem with ear buds falling out. They're about $40. I think thats a little more than Skull Candy brand which I thought were pretty crappy. If you wanna spend more money, obviously Beats by Dr Dre are fantastic but they're like $300. I was gonna get a pair and I saw there was a pair by Audio Technica which was less than half the price of the Beats and got very comparable reviews to the Beats (Dr Dre) ones.
  • brelolita
    brelolita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The Bose SIE2 has been good to me over a year now and I workout alot from running to weight lifting. The sounds is great, not noise cancelling but I really can hear much around me. And I cant do earbuds but these are so comfortable and don't hurt your ears. See amazon link below. Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SIE2-Sport-Headphones-Green/dp/B008V9RW58/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373464799&sr=1-3&keywords=bose+ie2