can constipation prevent weight loss????

Options
Iv been having trouble with my digestive functions for about 2 weeks now. can this put a stop to my weight loss? iv tried several things but it isnt helping and my weight doesnt want to go down anymore even though im still eating healthy and exercising, help??

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, if its still in when it should be out, it's going to weigh you down.

If over the counter is not working, see a doctor. If its ongoing it can cause big medical problems.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    short answer, yes. maybe get some more fibre in your diet and drink more fluids to alliviate the constipation and see how it goes after that.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Have you tried those fibregel sachets, The flavoured ones.... I found that I was eating too much fibre which made me constipated??

Prune juice I think helps
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yep. All that 'stuff' has weight. The less to get out the more that stays in and it adds to the scale. Also it's very unhealthy and can lead to an impacted colon...
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have that issue too - IBS but you should talk to doc about it to make sure what its all about for you but Chia seeds 1 tsp am and one pm helps keep me movin :) o make sure you drink 8oz glass with and also several throughout the day....
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    it'll up he number on the scale but it won't make you gain fat.
  • CrimsonHolly
    Options
    Ditto chia seeds. Never been more regular.
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options

How do you eat the chia seeds? Do you just put them in water and drink them? Sprinkle them on a salad?
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    How do you eat the chia seeds?
    I mix mine with greek yogurt and let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hear you !!! The days am constipated, my sc ale shows a gain of 3/4lbs!!!! And when am 'done' all those pounds are vanished and much lighter too..so it does play a part :(. I drink 10 glasses of water, eat fruits( mostly pears ) and things have improved. Try driking more water,fibre, fruits like pears, green tea etc...
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

How do you eat the chia seeds? Do you just put them in water and drink them? Sprinkle them on a salad?

I dump a tsp at a time in my mouth and drink the water -it washes them all down :) 30 cals per tsp is all :)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yes,you'll weigh more, but when it finally comes out you'll lose a fair bit! =)