for the ladies

Options
Buff2022
Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
Okay I have lost between 30 and 34 pounds. Not sure after the 4th of July. But I went and bought a new bra. I went from a 44DD to a 40DD. Am I the only one whose cup size did not go down. I am glad to keep the girls. But I was a little surprised.

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would go down :grumble: It varies from woman to woman, so I guess you're one of the "lucky" ones
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I wish mine to grow, I am 34 B I want to be at least a C cup.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The cups on a 44DD are bigger than the ones on a 40DD. The cup size is the number of inches bigger than the inches around. So, you did go down in cup size, essentially. But, great job on your loss!!! Keep up the good work!

Well I won't tell the man them. He said I had to keep my thick legs, *kitten* and boobs. LOL
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I've lost a hair over 75lbs and my boobs have gone nowhere. I wish they would. DDD all the way. Was really hoping to at least drop down to a regular D, but no such luck :(
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    mine were quite big when i was a uk size 4-6.. i was an 32 e/f cup then AND Of course they got bigger when i was pregnant.. 32 hh cup

i was told they would go back down if i breast fed .. THEY LIEEEEEEED! :noway:

No matter what weight i am my back and cup size stay the same.. i dont mind while they stay where theyre supposed to be, but the day i start getting carpet burns on my nips I AM HAVING SURGERY!:tongue:
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things that happened recently! I haven't had a proper fitting since after my son was born (he turns 11 in Aug.) and went last week. I was wearing a 40C and now....a 36DDD!!! My hubby is psyched about the triple D business but I am beside myself happy about the 36!! Geesh, I think I was in high school last time my band wdith was 36...yay me!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The cup size represents the difference in measurement between the fullest part of your breast and where you measure for your band just below the breast. So you can lose band sizes, and if you're losing a proportional amount of weight in your chest, your cup size might not change right away.

In fact, if one were to lose weight in their back without losing fat in their breasts right away, it's conceivable that one might go from like a 36C to a 34D before going down cup sizes.

Seems like many who'd like to keep their chest lose it right away, and those that wouldn't mind taking a little off the top stay sizeable! Funny how that works :smile:.
  • alyssabrown94
    Options
    I lost what little boobs I did have! Haha. I was a B cup and I am now an A cup. For me, though, a cup size is a fair trade off for weight loss all over the rest of my body! <3
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So far I have 60lbs gone, went from 46C to 42C. I don't want my cup size to decrease too much (only about an inch since I started in Feb), but am glad to see the waist size go down. I just find my bra fits better now & I was able to buy one @ Walmart vs the plus size store which means I paid 16.00 & not 50.00!!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My girls are almost gone!! I've lost 60 pounds went from a 44DD to a 36B. It's sad when you husband is a boob man; however he's super excited about my weight loss and "new" found energy! :love:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I lost band size but not cup size as well. I'm good with that :)
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    NO! I was surprised at my last bra fitting too! All my bras were too big, so I just bought the next cup size down but that didn't fit either. So after treating myself to a professional fitting, I went from a 40 D to a 36 DD with 20 lbs loss. Maybe my 40D was the wrong size to begin with, but I about fell over when the nice girl at VS told me my "real" size. My husband was happy too, as he wasn't thrilled with the idea of me going down to a "C". So I guess the girth around got smaller, but the actual "filling" stayed the same. Amazing what a professional fitting can do. I've never had such comfortable, well fitting intimate apparell!
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Went from 40D to 34A. It's coming, don't worry.
  • mmiissjackson
    Options
    ACTUALLY THE LETTER IS THE CUP SIZE AND THE NUMBER IS THE INCHES AROUND YOUR BODY. SO YEAH THE GIRLS STAYED THE SAME.

I WAS A 40DD AND I HAVE LOST 35LBS AND NOW I AM A 38D I LOST 2 INCHES AROUND AND A CUP SIZE. YES! I DON'T LIKE BIG BOOBS. TOO MUCH STRESS ON MY BACK. :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    ACTUALLY THE LETTER IS THE CUP SIZE AND THE NUMBER IS THE INCHES AROUND YOUR BODY. SO YEAH THE GIRLS STAYED THE SAME.

I WAS A 40DD AND I HAVE LOST 35LBS AND NOW I AM A 38D I LOST 2 INCHES AROUND AND A CUP SIZE. YES! I DON'T LIKE BIG BOOBS. TOO MUCH STRESS ON MY BACK. :)

Why are you yelling at us?
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So far with 23 lbs lost I went from a tight 42 D to now a 38 DD. Wonder what I will be wearing after the next 20 lbs. I am hoping though that I don't fall below a C cup.
  • mmiissjackson
    Options
    [:bigsmile:
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When I lose----which I really need to lol---- my cup size generally does not change just my fat back! LOL At one point I lost 45lbs and it changed a little. I went from a 44E to a 38DD. It's all good :) Great job on your loss!
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    NO! I was surprised at my last bra fitting too! All my bras were too big, so I just bought the next cup size down but that didn't fit either. So after treating myself to a professional fitting, I went from a 40 D to a 36 DD with 20 lbs loss. Maybe my 40D was the wrong size to begin with, but I about fell over when the nice girl at VS told me my "real" size. My husband was happy too, as he wasn't thrilled with the idea of me going down to a "C". So I guess the girth around got smaller, but the actual "filling" stayed the same. Amazing what a professional fitting can do. I've never had such comfortable, well fitting intimate apparell!

"Girth" and "Filling" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you for the little bit of funny this morning!
  • AmandaGrrrace
    Options
    Please make sure you're getting measured correctly. Wearing the wrong bra size can really affect your posture and cause back pain. Also, those back rolls you might think you have? They very well could be migrated breast tissue. I highly recommend you measure yourself or get measured somewhere like Nordstrom's where the employees are trained well (a lot of people have had bad luck at Victoria's Secret, so if you go there you may want to double check their measurements with your own).
    Here is a guide to everything bra fitting: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/quick
    Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!