Any SKINNY-FAT successful fatloss/toning stories/photos?

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
Looking for people who were, are, or have been/had 'skinny-fat'. What did YOU do, or any photos of inspiration?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    My pics are all over this site in various threads but since you asked...

I am the perfect example of skinny fat. I was 100-103 pounds (at 5'4" size 0) and had bumpy cellulite ridden legs and butt. I did nothing but cardio and ate like a bird.

I woke up one morning, started lifting weights 5 years ago and haven't stopped since. I now weigh 110-112, cellulite is gone, legs and butt are shapely and firm. My body fat is lower than it was 10 pounds ago.

Pics:

I was 100 pounds here
    oldlegs.jpg

Recently - 110 pounds here
    legs.jpg
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am still a work in progress BUT I look better now at 130 thanks to less body fat and heavy lifting (Stronglifts 5x5) then when I was at 120 with cardio alone

BEFORE

t5i335.jpg

AFTER

30calqq.jpg
  • Marcillene
    Options
    My pics are all over this site in various threads but since you asked...

I am the perfect example of skinny fat. I was 100-103 pounds (at 5'4" size 0) and had bumpy cellulite ridden legs and butt. I did nothing but cardio and ate like a bird.

I woke up one morning, started lifting weights 5 years ago and haven't stopped since. I now weigh 110-112, cellulite is gone, legs and butt are shapely and firm. My body fat is lower than it was 10 pounds ago.

Pics:

I was 100 pounds here
    oldlegs.jpg

Recently - 110 pounds here
    legs.jpg

Awesome success!! what did you use to tone lower legs/butt/obliques? Just lifting alone? Definitally one of the success stories i was looking for!! Im looking to get rid of fat, but definitally skinny fat..
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I am still a work in progress BUT I look better now at 130 thanks to less body fat and heavy lifting (Stronglifts 5x5) then when I was at 120 with cardio alone

BEFORE

t5i335.jpg

AFTER

30calqq.jpg

Great job. How long have you been lifting for now?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    checking in... I went from anorexic to skinny fat to fit.

twoyeardifference-1.jpg

fitandstrongnewskinny.jpg
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can see pictures later. :)
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I was a "skinny-fat" girl weighing in at a sickly 108lbs and being bullimic...

I don't suggest going down that road.

I am now 128lbs and a body builder (much healthier now)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a problem with "skinny fat" and not just fat :) You girls look GREAT in the pics above!!!
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say YAY for lifting weights!!!! :heart:
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This has always been my problem. Skinny Fat means that when you are small framed and weight gain looks obvious because it goes to all the WRONG places first. Lifting is the only way to beat this problem! I'm a work in progress but am looking forward to seeing more success pics.
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I post my routine on my profile, but I mainly stick with the basics - squats, deadlifts, lunges, I do mostly compound lifts 3x a week, and for cardio I do HIIT for 20 minutes no more than 2x a week.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This has always been my problem. Skinny Fat means that when you are small framed and weight gain looks obvious because it goes to all the WRONG places first. Lifting is the only way to beat this problem! I'm a work in progress but am looking forward to seeing more success pics.
    ^^^THIS^^^ is me right now. I literally just started the lifting on Saturday after putting together my weight bench. I've had dumbbells but always used the lighter weights for "toning." After everything I've been reading, I decided to "man up" and see if I can't get truly fit now!!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great job. How long have you been lifting for now?

3 months.
  • Marcillene
    Options

twoyeardifference-1.jpg

fitandstrongnewskinny.jpg

Amazing! I would love to know what you did... Also, how did you change your diet from the anorexic skinny to the fit skinny?
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I was a "skinny-fat" girl weighing in at a sickly 108lbs and being bullimic...

I don't suggest going down that road.

I am now 128lbs and a body builder (much healthier now)

Has body building completely rid you of the need to be bulemic? (I ask because my sister is/has been bulemic for YEARS)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Amazing! I would love to know what you did... Also, how did you change your diet from the anorexic skinny to the fit skinny?

Thank you! From anorexic to skinny fat, I ate... I didn't really too much or too often before. From skinny fat to fit, I ate cleaner versions of everything, i.e. I eat a ton of baked chicken, veggies, etc. and cut back on sodas, juices, etc.. and drank more water. Basically, I make better choices eating, but still eat what I want on occasion in moderation, do some cardio and lift weights.
  • Marcillene
    Options

Thank you! From anorexic to skinny fat, I ate... I didn't really too much or too often before. From skinny fat to fit, I ate cleaner versions of everything, i.e. I eat a ton of baked chicken, veggies, etc. and cut back on sodas, juices, etc.. and drank more water. Basically, I make better choices eating, but still eat what I want on occasion in moderation, do some cardio and lift weights.

Reassurance that I am on the right track. occasionally i drink soda.. and i eat alot of chicken and veggies, and try to eat healthier.... I too have spent the majority of my life eating one meal a day. lately ive been adding something for breakfast.. but definitally an inner battle thing. alot of my weightloss has been through clean eating though, not starvation per say. but i think the fact that i only eat one meal a day has definitally played a roll in my 'skinny fat'.
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I sometimes only eat one meal a day (or a very small meal and then a very big meal in the evening - like today as a matter of fact). I don't think it matters WHATSOVER, I think being active and lifting weights, along with knowing how many calories you're consuming every day is the recipe for success. Calories in vs calories out.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i don't have any pics, but i agree with people who are lifting/dumbbells.

i too see myself as skinny fat, the problem is my thighs and butt. i mostly do climbing now since it's nice out, at a mountain ridge near me and other days do 1.5-2 hour hilly rocky hikes which have helped my behind. i also do dumbbells for my arms because they're skinny but jiggly, and squats.

awesome progress ladies! it's amazing that at a higher weight you can actually look smaller. i love it!

i am currently in recovery for an eating disorder as well, not sure if many other "skinny fats" have been down that road as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!