Working out in an Apartment

Options
Hello! I have lost over 20lbs and I would like to start adding some weight/resistance training to my exercise routine. I have read a lot of suggestions about videos that are good to use. However, I live in an apartment and there are units underneath mine. To be honest, I am very hesitant to do a video that includes things that would be loud (i.e. jumping jacks or bouncing) and bother the people beneath me. They work second and third shifts and they are usually asleep when I am up. Does anyone know of a video that just incorporates weights or "quieter" exercises?

I have previewed a lot of the popular videos on You Tube and I am not having any luck. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am doing my cardio outside, so that is not an issue.

Replies

• thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not a video, but a book I recently borrowed from the library would fit your needs. Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym is a bodyweight strength training program. There's a general book and then there's a book that's specifically for women (Body By You: The You Are Your Own Gym Guide to Total Women's Fitness), which is the one I borrowed. I'm under the impression that they're pretty similar, and I like the lack of equipment, the philosophy, and the workouts themselves.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    51bA4EWuifL.jpg