Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

THERE'S NO CRYING IN FITNESS!

2»

Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    I'm thinking of re-evaluating my caloric intake since I follow the MFP set up and do ok but i do make sure to eat enough and i try to stay hydrated. I guess a lot of us have our days. as long as i suck it up long enough to finish ican cry when i get home lol

I'm supposed to meet with a nutritionist who is in the military and is also a personal trainer so hopefully it will be a helpful meet up.

Loving all the GIF'S by the way lol!
  • NoeHead
    i'm sorry OP, but i thought of this just now.

james_franco_sad_burger.gif

but it sounds like you've been pushing TOO HARD. everyone needs a break. i hate the fitspo sayings where people say "rest is rust" or "train insane or remain the same" or whatever.

this is a table, and it has four legs. nutrition, cardio, strength training, and rest. no one leg is more important then the other. you need to rest, because if you don't you risk injury from fatigue.

i like your analogy! thanks for it!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    are you making sure you are hitting your ice cream macro? you should be.
  • NoeHead
    last night! while my tears were drying up i ate a skinny cow chocolate fudge cone to lessen the swelling on my face! hahah it went well with the greek yogurt i had left on my forehead LOL
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    tumblr_me2cil09jX1qedbs6o1_500.gif

Thank you for this, Shelby. Made my day. :-) And to the OP... It happens to all of us from time to time. Hope you feel better!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Your body is telling you what it needs when it won't let you push harder, you definitely needed a break and your body will continue to remind you in the future when it needs one by not letting you work as hard as you really want to.

Happens to me pretty often when I have been sick and go back at it hard... then my body will tell me to chill the eff out by not letting me work as hard as I want to. Sucks, true, but it's best to listen to your body.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    last night! while my tears were drying up i ate a skinny cow chocolate fudge cone to lessen the swelling on my face! hahah it went well with the greek yogurt i had left on my forehead LOL

i meant real ice cream from ben & jerry's or cold stone or haagan daz or baskin robbins.
  • NoeHead
    Your body is telling you what it needs when it won't let you push harder, you definitely needed a break and your body will continue to remind you in the future when it needs one by not letting you work as hard as you really want to.

Happens to me pretty often when I have been sick and go back at it hard... then my body will tell me to chill the eff out by not letting me work as hard as I want to. Sucks, true, but it's best to listen to your body.

you and the others are right, gotta listen to the body...i'm just gonna do a light workout today and then nap!

and Apollo...ben and jerrys? i LOVE ICE CREAM MACROS! i can't wait for the day ice cream pop tart sandwiches will fit in my macros...ONE DAY! lol

Love the support on here!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Honestly, you have on days and off days and when you're having an off day the best thing to do is say . . . I'm having an off day which means that tomorrow will be better. Honestly, it's a simple as acknowledging it, then shaking it off and moving on.

Totally agree with this. Some days just are not great. Bet you have a better day today or tomorrow!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    this post made me laugh! :-) my only advice is to maybe incorporate a few more rest days. Although I am probably the queen of resting too much (translation: stuck on a plateau), I always ALWAYS come back stronger. your muscles need to repair and grow.