4HB/Slow Carb gal...working on it.

Options
I used to be small...then had a baby, no excuse, I know. I want to get to 135 and that journey has started a few days ago. Can't wait to look back on this and think wow...I remember that day. I'm on the 4 hour body, slow carb diet. No carbs, no sugar (including natural sugars) any proteins, veggies i want oh and any kind of beans, no starch veggies tho (corn, potatoes etc ) No exercise required and you get one "free" day a week. This is actually encouraged. Look forward to hearing what all diets y'all are on. :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Why would you not want to exercise? Is this 4 hour diet something that is very low calorie? I don't like it. You can have beans, but no other starchy vegetables, no natural sugar (so no dairy or fruit .) Sounds super restrictive to me.

Good luck. Hope it works for you. I couldn't live with a plan like that. No fruit or dairy? :sad:
  • weightloss_1985hk
    Options
    hey
    let me wish you all the best for your weight loss goal!
    I just started mine a few days back but i am not on diet. i live for food so i can never go on a diet. I tried once and then put on so much more when i stopped.
    This time i am actually doing math. I need to cut down on X number of calories so i am dividing those into 2 parts. One part i am burning through execise and the other half - not taking in by avoiding carbs and certain other foods.
    Believe me, going off carbs was very difficult for an emotional eater like me but so far so good its working. I hope it works for you as well.
    just one thing - you mentioned no execise? I dont think any diet would work if there is no exercise or may be the right phrasing here would be that you would lose but a lot slower and that may discourage you further.
    So dont think that exercise has to be in the gym, pumping weights. it could be as simple as playing and running around with your kid or brisk walk in the park for 30 minutes. That would increase your metabolism a lot and help prevent your body from storing fat. If you cut down only on the food, your body will switch to starving mode, your metabolism rate would drop and you would put on more weight after losing initial 'water weight'.
    hope this helps ya!

cheers
    Hermione
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    No carbs, no sugar (including natural sugars) any proteins, veggies i want oh and any kind of beans, no starch veggies tho (corn, potatoes etc ) No exercise required and you get one "free" day a week. This is actually encouraged. Look forward to hearing what all diets y'all are on. :)

I cannot imagine doing this for more than a day and the choices seem inconsistent

I didnt gain my extra weight real fast and when I learned that I can't lose it real fast things got so much easier and more enjoyable and I believe, much more heakthy
  • hismommy2
    Options
    It's not that I don't want to exercise, I don't have the time. You can have a lot of foods. Eggs, any kind of meat and veggies besides starchy veggies. It really does work. It's straight forward really.
  • hismommy2
    Options
    It works for me...so this is what I'm going to do :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It works for me...so this is what I'm going to do :)

good luck
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the paleo lifestyle. I'm Primal/paleo (or try to be. Pregnant = many days of faileo, lol)

I'll be a low carb friend if you like :)
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ill be starting the Dukan Diet Jan 1st, 2013 good luck on your journey!
  • hismommy2
    Options
    I think it is similar, haven't looked up much on it...but I'm sending a request!! :)
  • hismommy2
    Options
    ill be starting the Dukan Diet Jan 1st, 2013 good luck on your journey!

thank you! Is that similar to low/no carb? Add me as a friend also
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • hismommy2
    Options
    Bump for later. :)

Thx :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mzjoseph
    mzjoseph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started 4HB a week and a half ago. I wonder - how'syour journey journey going? :smile: