Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge July 5th

Morning to all!

Yesterday I ended up going to the gym twice. I went once for spinning, then had my session with the trainer (I was able to negotiate a once a week package I could afford. Hooray!) and then just "felt like doing more cardio". So, I did an additional 30 minutes on the elliptical. (I think part of the motivation was I'd eaten eggs benedict for brunch, and had to guesstimate the calories. . .and I paid for it last night. . .oh. . .the tummy issues. . .:grumble: ) I love that the new gym is so close.

Today is bikram and a short walk.

Happy workouts, ladies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning to all!

Yesterday I ended up going to the gym twice. I went once for spinning, then had my session with the trainer (I was able to negotiate a once a week package I could afford. Hooray!) and then just "felt like doing more cardio". So, I did an additional 30 minutes on the elliptical. (I think part of the motivation was I'd eaten eggs benedict for brunch, and had to guesstimate the calories. . .and I paid for it last night. . .oh. . .the tummy issues. . .:grumble: ) I love that the new gym is so close.

Today is bikram and a short walk.

Happy workouts, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Sorry that I have not been checking in. I really have not been exercising at all!! :embarassed: Today however I am going for a hike with my husband!! :bigsmile:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Good Morning....

I'm so excited to report that I only exceeded my caloric limit by 55 on July 4th! That is including one Corona Light and one "Skinny Girl" margarita. I was trying very hard to stay within my limit... but I'm happy that I didn't go too far over. Wow, progress! Thankfully, I did my cardio (stationary bike) and pilates early in the day so that I could enjoy the day without worrying too much.

This morning I went for a long, brisk walk. I will probably take another walk after dinner tonight.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    For those that don't check in when the don't exercise - check in anyway. I think it will help you exercise more.

Yesterday I went for a bike ride with husband. Made him go faster so I could get my HR up. Now he wants to go again today so he can get used to the faster pace :laugh: Also went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and did my own private 20 minute spin class (average HR of 85%! - just found that feature on my watch). I did eat too much last night though.

So today is bike ride and walking. Might try to convince husband to do our grocery shopping via bike as well.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Ok, now I know something screwy is going on with my HRM. My husband wore it with the stats of Male, age 38, 140 lbs, 5'5" and burned 150 calories in 17 minutes with an average HR of 134. For me, it was set to Female, 155 lbs, age 36, 5'3" and I only burn about 118 calories in 15 minutes with an average HR of 145. The HR settings are the same for zones. What is going on?!?! Why can I not get the calorie burn? I should burn more with a high HR and weight, right?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    That sounds weird, Mary. Does yours have the "fitness test" feature? The only thing I can figure is that if you're in better shape, you have to work harder to burn the calories. I've noticed that for me, I have to work like crazy to stay in the "target zone". But, just plain old logic says that higher weight should burn more calories.

Wish I had a better answer. . .