*SIGH* It seems like Im losing everywhere BUT....

Options
MY tummy!! My main area I wanna lose is my tummy, but it just seems to be staying the same.. Any suggestions on what to do?!

Replies

• ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read and from what I was told by a trainer you can't lose fat from specific areas. You just gotta continue to lose weight and it'll come off there eventually! Keep it up!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That is correct...you can't spot reduce. You just have to keep on going and eventually it will come off.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I greatly sympathize with you....I know I am losing weight, but my belly roll does not seem to be getting smaller. I worry that I am losing in that area, but that my skin is not tightening. Still have a long way to go though, so still hoping.
  • rebeccald08
    rebeccald08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's true. I have been following a specific diet and I was seeing weight come off, but not where I wanted it to - my tummy. It takes a while to come off, but it does eventually come off! Keep at it and you'll be golden! :smile: Best of luck!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    they don.t tell you you can because its not a healthy way law suits and all :noway: that but ,for one thing drop your fat grams down to 20 and do crunches, at 20 gram your body won"t store fat, plus the crunches will define the ab muscles and burn the fat you have theri. i just got the 30 day shred and cant wait to start it ,it has some really good ab exercises,:huh: like jillian say those good abs comes with hard work theri earn
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    they don.t tell you you can because its not a healthy way law suits and all :noway: that but ,for one thing drop your fat grams down to 20 and do crunches, at 20 gram your body won"t store fat, plus the crunches will define the ab muscles and burn the fat you have theri. i just got the 30 day shred and cant wait to start it ,it has some really good ab exercises,:huh: like jillian say those good abs comes with hard work theri earn

Thanks so much!! Im actually doing the 30 day shred already.. On day like 6 I believe :-)
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    spot reduction would be the best thing ever! lol i know how you feel i have the spare tire thing going on :( that seems to be where i gain weight the most which i HATE HATE HATE! but like everyone said just keep working at it and it will come off
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

that seems harsh lol u said 20 grams of fat and I looked ive already had 34 before dinner :( but that's good to know, i think too extreme for my taste
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Its not nessecarily related to fat grams. There are diets (like Ketos diet) that revolve around eating high amounts of protein and fat. It comes down to the types of fats you're eating. EFA/omega 3's healthy fats like that are perfectly fine in your diet and do help. ab routines are rrecommended at least 3 times a weel but as everyone else has said you have to just lose weight and it will eventually hit your stomach. The stomach is the main fat storage for the huma body, which is why its usualy one of the last places to get trimmed. for example if you lost 10lbs, 9lbs of that would probably come from everywehre else on your body and 1lb from your stomach, might not look noticable but if measured, you probably would have dropped something across your stomach measurements.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Its not nessecarily related to fat grams. There are diets (like Ketos diet) that revolve around eating high amounts of protein and fat. It comes down to the types of fats you're eating. EFA/omega 3's healthy fats like that are perfectly fine in your diet and do help. ab routines are rrecommended at least 3 times a weel but as everyone else has said you have to just lose weight and it will eventually hit your stomach. The stomach is the main fat storage for the huma body, which is why its usualy one of the last places to get trimmed. for example if you lost 10lbs, 9lbs of that would probably come from everywehre else on your body and 1lb from your stomach, might not look noticable but if measured, you probably would have dropped something across your stomach measurements.
    it dosnt matter what kind of fat you eat your body will store what it dose not need and it will hide it if you work your abs your body will put it in the tosh thighs your calves places you dont work as hard,mine stores mine in the calves because i dont work tham as much as i do everthing else