Runtastic Pedometer App

I just purchased the Runtastic Pedometer App and I think now that it this has not been a good purhase. I say this because even when the app is running and you make a slight move and you are sitting, it counts it as a step (very inaccurate). I tested all three sentisitivity settings and no change. I wanted something that would not be very expensive to link to MFP. I wish that MFP would use Map My Fitness or Moves. Both of these apps have proven to be very accurate. Anyone else have any problems with this app?

Replies

• Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    I am yet to find a pedometer app that gives an accurate count.
    I have recently started using the standard Runtastic app and am quite pleased with the GPS route tracking and distance measurement, so not sure if I need a pedometer any more. There is no link to MFP though, but it's not that hard to log in walking/running as exercise.
  • I've had the same problem with oversensitivity of the app on the standard setting. I'm going to try the low setting and see if that makes a difference. I think the big problem comes from having it on in my pocket and it thinking that I'm taking steps when I shift balance or turn around. My solution if the low setting doesn't do it for me is going to be to take the phone out of my pocket and put it down on a counter or table when I stop walking. I could also pause and restart it when I stop walking if there isn't a safe place to set the phone down. A minor price to pay for free.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    I set mine to a lower sensitivity, but the thing to remember, is it isn't really an all day wearing thing (though admittedly I have used it that way) it is for dedicated walking. I compared it to a known route that I've GPS mapped and it was very close. But if you are wearing it all day, doing things that aren't walking, you just have to be aware it is going to be off some.