From size 18/20 to size 10/12!

Options
13»

Replies

• hawley_21
    hawley_21 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's rough...I thought for so long (becuase I was told) that it was nearly impossible to lose weight with PCOS...in the end, I'd like to reach at least 100 pounds lost but I'm trying to be patient because it really IS a slow process. My first 50 pounds came on in less than a year, that was before I even had kids! lol It just got worse from there...
    And I honestly don't pay much attention to the calories on here...I've never been a fan of calorie counting. I tend to end my days around 2,000 calories but it just depends on how much I exercise and how hungry I am! ;) I'm more about quality than quanity...if you're eating well and having everything in moderation then there's really no reason to obsess. My plan is to make changes that I can stick to forever and I CAN log my food every day but I can't get worked up over calories, lol. So, yes I log my food but it's mostly just to be aware of what I'm eating and to see how my body handles everything. I also have acid reflux and gallbladder spasms so I've noticed anything saucy or spicy bothers me and anything starchy makes me bloated, tired, and sluggish. I'm TRYING to stay away from Gluten because I've heard it makes things worse for PCOS women...
    So, I don't have any set diet plan or technique...I just try to listen to my body and give it what it wants. My biggest problem has been not snacking when I'm bored or stressed...I just try to keep lots of healthy, easy snacks in the house! Feel free to add me on here so we can chat! Sounds like you're doing great so far!!! =)
    Congratulations on your success! I to have PCOS and have about 80 pounds to lose that came on in a years time. I was then diagnosed with PCOS and have been battling my weight from that time on. I joined this site on the 21st of June hoping to maybe find some help with getting these extra pounds off. Your story gives me some hope.
    Can you tell me if you stuck to the calorie goals set or if you ate your calories back that MFP gave your for exercise? I would really like to know that answer. I typically eat 3/4 of the calories set by MFP and exercise one to two hours per day 6 days a week. I do not eat any of the calories added back by exercise. I have lost 11 pounds so far, but am not sure if this is the right way to go about my goals. I would love to know what you did. Thanks for sharing any tips you have to help me. P.S. Love the photo your daughter took!
  • Kayleria
    Kayleria Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done, such an awesome picture and accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!