Early or late

That confused you all :smile:

Exercise i am on about, I don't go mad with excising, I just want to lose weight, i walk to work and back so that is a bit of exercise, but I also do some steps on the Wii-fit, i know it is not the best, but it seems to work and I also use my gravity walker.

When is it best to exercise, in the morning or later at night? i say later as you burn off some of the calories you put on over the day time.

Thanks

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Doesn't matter one bit. Just work out
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I say early in the morning. The gym is less crowded.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Wherever it fits, because the easier it is to fit in the more likely you'll stick to it :)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Doesn't matter. What matters is that you stay in a 500-1000 kcal daily deficit.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Whenever. Your fat cells don't know what time it is.

If it's a work day, I exercise after I get home, around 4:30pm. If it's a non work day I like to work out around 11am or so.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    I know it's best to do your cardio after you wake up and before practice. It is supposed to bump up your metabolism. I personally prefer to do my exercise when I feel at the peak of my performance which is usually early evening
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Early in the morning for me as then I have it done and it makes me feel so much better for the day ahead. Not sure I can get the energy up after a full day of work to go in the evening
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Oh sorry just saw that I typed wrong.. do cardio after you wake up before breakfast :D
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    They usually say morning is the best time because of all sorts of biochemical reasons and can lead to calories burning throughout the day and something to do with boosting metabolism, but it doesn't really matter when you do it, so long as you do it :smile: getting something done is better than nothing! :smile:
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    I have no set time at this point which might be a downfall- not sure but I do know that if I workout late it keeps me up at night...takes a while for my motors to rev down....I get up at 4am so I try to get in bed by nine though most times its 10-11pm which is not enough sleep for sure- always tired -but being daylight til then makes it tough to go to bed any earlier and there is always something to do :)
  • Adrian47uk
    Adrian47uk Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks people, give me some idea anyway.