Toast and bread

I can't see it myself, but do Toast have more calories than bread? I like toast, that is my downfall. It have to have butter as well, which I've been told is better than all the artificial stuff anyway.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,155 Member
    No.:smile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Toast actually has less calories, because when you toast it more crumbs fall off. Be sure to gather up those crumbs and weigh them so you can take that off the calorie count.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    No.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    No, toasting bread would only remove water. Whatever a piece of bread has for calories would be the same as when you toast it.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    A slice of bread, is a slice of bread!!!!!!!!!!
  • mmmmm...toast and bread
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Toast...just had some with homemade avocado-chicken salad--yummy!
    I just recorded the calories as bread.
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Toast actually has less calories, because when you toast it more crumbs fall off. Be sure to gather up those crumbs and weigh them so you can take that off the calorie count.
    :drinker:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Yay toast.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    The only time toast has more calories than bread is when it's french....mmmm french toast.
  • goldfishgoo
    goldfishgoo Posts: 67 Member
    Love the "collect the crumbs" comment! I'd love to see if I can gather a full gram of crumbs! :laugh:

I make sandwich bread rather than use the store/bakery kind (no sugar and very little fat/salt). I use a standard bread machine to make the dough and pop it in the oven to bake. I found that, through using the add recipe feature, that my bread has less calories/fat/etc than what I would normally purchase. Because it is sliced per serving the calorie content fluctuates...so it is weighed every time. (before toasing)

I have read so much about cutting carbs for this reason. But when I started to consistantly have toast in the morning and bread for my sandwich at lunchtime I have actually lost weight! Yeah! I do have to admit that it could also be that I know I have to "report" all my food consumption. So I may be actually eating less overall. I don't care how it is happening, I am just happy that it IS happening!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Ow my brain....
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    I totally get where this question comes from. I once heard toasting your bread brings "up" the sugar content.

Needless to say, I sure felt dumb believing that load of crap for awhile.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    uh..
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    lol no it doesnt.

Satans_toast.gif
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Not unless you butter your toast and forget to count the butter.
  • Adrian47uk
    Adrian47uk Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks people, i love the crumb comment. Yes, i do count the butter.

I did not think it would be any difference to be honest, so putting 2 slices of bread instead of toast on my diary is not going to make a difference

thanks once again.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    its all the same toast and bread are the same- s ame calories
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    SMH
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Surely toast has more. Its hot as you've added energy to it.
    Cold toast would be the same as bread though.