Alli

Options
I was wondering if anyone has tried taking Alli in conjunction with this program to help with weight loss or get over a plataeu?

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you like randomly crapping your pants, go ahead and take it.

But really the best way to do this is the old fashioned way: with patience and hard work. If you're on a plateau, take a look at your calories in/calories out. You should be eating atleast half of your exercise calories and you should not be eating below 1200 calories. Also your body could become used to your exercise routine, so try changing it up completely for a while to get your metabolism going again. That usualy helps me.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    It really does make you crap your pants! I work with a girl that took it for a while and there was atleast 2 times that she had to change that I know of. She started keepind an extra pair of pants in her car. I dont know why she kept taking it.
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi!!

I tried Alli right after it became available without a prescription. I was exercising but I wasn't using MFP then. I was on the good old standby, WW. It literally did nothing for me because I was on a low fat diet. Because it used to remove fat from your diet and that is what causes the gas and diarrhea. My doctor said that I should just keep on going without the Alli.

It would be lovely to have a wonder pill, but I gave up waiting for that. This program in conjunction with my gym seems to be doing the trick.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would avoid it at all costs. I tried it back when it first came out and was SOOOO careful about what I ate - only to discover the hard way that I wasn't careful enough.

It's not worth it.
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    I was prescribed this stuff when I was in my teens, this was before it was available without prescription. At the time I was on a vegetarian phase and wasn't getting much fat anyway so doc took me off it. I was prescribed it again a couple of years ago...wow...

The diarhea I can cope with, it's just loose fatty stools after all. The gas I can cope with. The yellow fatty smears in the pants I can kind of deal with because I just pop a pad in there.

However, farting in the middle of town and leaking the smelly (very smelly, with this!) brown stuff was the end of it for me!
  • babadee
    babadee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used it for awhile myself. If you pay attention to the amount of fat your eating you won't have any problems. If you don't then it can lead to loose stools. Some of these people make it sound like you'll crap yourself but I have never had that happen. Yes I did a I need to go to the bathroom feeling but other than that no gas and no problems. I would say try to borrow some before you buy it because of the cost but I only took it at dinner time.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I used it for awhile myself. If you pay attention to the amount of fat your eating you won't have any problems. If you don't then it can lead to loose stools. Some of these people make it sound like you'll crap yourself but I have never had that happen. Yes I did a I need to go to the bathroom feeling but other than that no gas and no problems. I would say try to borrow some before you buy it because of the cost but I only took it at dinner time.

I *did* watch my fat intake and yes, I did still have problems. So it can in fact happen that you watch your fat and still have the sudden bits of crapping that come on with literally no warning.
  • KELLYAMATT
    KELLYAMATT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering how long you used it and if you would recommend it to supplement my new lifestyle − I keep my daily fat intake low and I exercise so i have been losing weight - I just started using Alli last week to see if it would help? I haven't had any side effects because I am eating healthy, but do you think it is worth taking?