15 pounds lost!! share your success story and pictures!

Options
melissa62094
melissa62094 Posts: 14 Member
I'm Missy and I am 19 years old. I just decided to start my weight loss journey and now I am on my fifth week and I've lost 8 pounds using MFP so far! I did lose 7 pounds the first week I was trying to lose weight before I started my fitness pal but I know that was mostly water weight and you always lose the most in the first week.
I am a very big skeptic of diets because they seem unrealistic, I just want to be healthy and have a more healthy lifestyle. I am 5'6'' and I weighed 174 pounds coming home from college. I am at my current weight of 159 and I could not believe the difference. My goal is 125-135 and I am willing to be patient and wait as long as I need to in order to lose the weight and keep it off forever.
It should never be about diets or being skinny it is about trying to be the best you, healthy and fit. It is also not all about the scale and how much weight you need to lose but for me it is about how I feel in clothes and the muscle I am gaining. I am not a crazy healthy eater and I do not go to the gym everyday but I know that if you want something so badly you have to put in the work but honestly that does not mean change everything about yourself. I have learned over the past 3 weeks that you need people in your life to support you. My motto is.. If YOU ARE NOT MY SUPPORT SYSTEM THEN YOU ARE MY MOTIVATION.
People are always going to have something to say about you but it is what you think about yourself that matters. So don't lose weight for the haters in the world lose weight and be fit to make your life happier. You can be 200 pounds and if you are healthy and active and happy with your life then everyone should respect that. I love my fitness pal because it is a way to vent and be able to have that support system to get through this journey and that is what it is a journey, an adventure that will last a lifetime and one that will make a better you.

These are some pictures of myself from my starting weight at 174 and then at 166 then again at my current weight of 159. I am nowhere near where I would like to be but seeing the difference in pictures is my favorite part.

Please share you success story and pictures cause everyone should be able to show off the new you!

Me at 174 -180

60598_10151544015541941_683717363_n_zpscb5e7a15.jpg

550298_10151246319626941_324889834_n_zps4c41f68a.jpg

Me at 155-160

photo1_zpsc1da579c.jpg

photo2_zpsf7c22290.png

THEN 174 AND NOW 159

photo_zps05513243.jpg

Replies

• melissa62094
    Options
    sorry about the last picture!

Then and now!

securedownload_zpsafe77a4a.jpg
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You are looking so fit. Good job. You're so right, "It is also not all about the scale . . . "

Thank you for sharing.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing :) I don't think you'll even need to get that low! Keep up the hard work, and remember that you look awesome!
  • savvybrook
    savvybrook Posts: 11
    Options
    You look great! You can really see the difference! Congrats
  • temptations
    temptations Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good! Big difference!
    What did you do to lose so much weight?
  • brooke64
    brooke64 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • melissa62094
    Options
    Wow looking good! Big difference!
    What did you do to lose so much weight?

I just changed the way I ate and started working out! it actually was that easy. I have gained weight back but I am still losing inches so its just muscle weight!
  • vanessarieck
    Options
    Way to go girl! You're gorgeous! Keep it up. :)
  • lgomes85
    lgomes85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow you look great keep it up!
  • aguifra14
    aguifra14 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look great! I love the crop top you're wearing in the last picture! Don't forget to stay motivated even if the pounds aren't coming off because you're still losing inches. I've noticed that I was able to fit in clothes better once I started lifting weights, which I started doing after I lost the initial 20 pounds. Best of luck on the rest of your journey!:smile:
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Well Damn! Chest to Waist to Hip ratio is unreal. Amazing work you look stunning.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Nice job! What a difference in just 15 pounds! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    you look very good - and SO pretty!
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!