over 40 and no loose skin

Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
anyone over 40 loose a lot of weight and not have any loose skin..and what did you do to help ..any tips

Replies

• AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have taken vitamins and minerals and drank lots of water the whole time I was loosing. I lost 120 in about 10 months and started getting a little saggy so I went into maintenance for a year. The sagginess is gone and now I am going to loose the last 60. If I start to get saggy again I am going to pause again and let my skin catch up, because I don't want to quiver when I walk nor do I want surgery. I also think stretching exercises are important too. Hope this helps
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    32 pounds down and I have to say that I don't have sagging skin. I did when I lost weight rapidly so I considered myself "skinny fat". I started working out with heavier weight and focused on loosing inches and not pounds so that my skin would tighten up. I still have about 14lbs to go until goal but I'm not obsessing over the scale. I truly believe that weight training helped with the sagging.
  • Souldor
    Souldor Posts: 7
    Options
    I've lost over 140lbs and i do have some loose skin, but only in the ab / tummy region.

A lot of my friends think I'll need surgery...but I do not want to go down that route. I am assuming (and hoping) with enough consistency and by being patient that it will elasticize itself out :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I lost 75lbs am currently 40 years old and a mother of one little girl.

No loose skin.

I drink a gallon of water a day, lost the weight at a slower pace, do strength training as well as now distance run.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    33 years old. 120 down, 357 to 235. I'm deathly afraid of loose skin. I can see it happening. Don't know how bad the damage will be till I get around 180-185.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!