Food Myts...just wondering

MDVOID
MDVOID Posts: 45 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Hello ...

An important part of changing to a healthier living is the fact that we become more aware of the kind of food we eat and how good it really is for us.

I was just thinking If anyone has any memory of finding out some facts about food that wouldnt have tough before. For example :

I was watching a BBC documentary abouth weight lose and the host was suposed to guess how many calories diferent kind of food had and order them; a bowl of fruit salad, a milkshake, grilled chesse sandwich,a bar of chocolate, aplate of chicken breast and steamed potatoes...the surprise for me and the host was that all the plates had the same amount of calories. So if you think about it if we choose wisely we can eat better and feell full.

image32m.jpg
Look at them...they all have the same calories

P.D. Sorry for my bad english.

Replies

• rsua2281
    rsua2281 Posts: 13
    So true, I didn't "diet" this weekend and ate as I normally used to before joining mfp.com and wow just after breakfast I was already up to 900 calories, this weekend was such an eye opener for me. I found out that adding sugar vs artificial sweetener is worth the extra calories, we do not know the bad side effects of all those artificials and it is better to be safe than sorry!
  • You're dead right - and you're English is just fine. Didn't see that programme but I did see one from channel 4 called My Big Fat Diet Show they had a mock shop with displays of all foods in 100 calorie sizes - quite an eye opener - it maybe on the Tube - sorry no time to google right now.

Using this site is a real education.
  • MDVOID
    MDVOID Posts: 45 Member
    BTW the program is called

10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight

docum.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ksh7c
  • what surprised me (from that same program) was how much we under report what we eat. a lady on there was suppose to video all that she ate and then keep a food log - all the while they were spying on her via urine samples and it turned out that she was significantly under reporting what she ate - and she wasnt doing it on purpose - this was honest under reporting - she thought she had recorded every morsel
This discussion has been closed.