I want to eat all the time? help!

Options
So the past couple days, even if I'm not "hungry" per se, I find myself wanting to snack or eat literally constantly. Every minute of the day. I can resist it for the most part, but for the most part isn't enough! Anyone have tips about how to motivate myself not to eat between meals? Or just other related advice? Much appreciated :)<3

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, tea coffee
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My other problem is that I buy all food and drink for myself a week at a time.. and I'm too cheap to buy enough water to drink it constantly :/. coffee is even more expensive..how I love it though. Tea is a good suggestion..I may look into that for next week. Thank you!
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    My other problem is that I buy all food and drink for myself a week at a time.. and I'm too cheap to buy enough water to drink it constantly :/. coffee is even more expensive..how I love it though. Tea is a good suggestion..I may look into that for next week. Thank you!

But water is freeeeee =)
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    nooooooooo my tap water isn't drinkable!
  • Cutting4life
    Options

i drink tap water. Why would you pay for water?
  • Cutting4life
    Options

i drink tap water. Why would you pay for water?

buy a water filter i think its like $ 14
  • Cutting4life
    Options

buy a water filter i think its like $ 14
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Water filter or
    Boil your tap water and then put it in a water jug in the refrigerator.
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Even if I pay for my own food/groceries, etc., I don't live on my own. And I think making modifications in the kitchen would probably be frowned upon..so anyways. I appreciate the advice to drink more water and I may just suck it up and buy more!
  • kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If your tap water isn't drinkable try investing in a filter (ex: Brita). They cost a lot up front, but in the long run you will end up saving money, the environment, and you'll have yummy tasting water whenever you want.

Besides drinking more water I can only think to suggest changing your snacking habits. If you're hungry all the time then eat smaller meals to allow for snacking throughout the day. Try snacking on things that are healthy, but still filling like hummus and veggies or a small smoothie. If you don't have many calories left and are still hungry try snacking on things like cucumbers or watermelon.

Also, one of my favorite things to do is to snack on frozen blueberries or grapes, they always satisfy my need to snack and somehow the frozen-ness makes them more filling to me.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    One if my binge weapons is a rabbit plate or bowl. I can't have anything else - or so I convince myself - if there's still uneaten food on/in it. I load it with veggies - mini peppers, tomato hunks, cabbage wedges, lettuce wedges ... anything that is hard to chew up quickly. Sometimes I throw in a few bites of cheese and a protein to help the appetite - like a piece of turkey meat. Then I just keep chewing until I'm over it.

I do a similar thing for lunches - BAS - Big A Salads. Similar combinatins but with torn up lettuce and smaller bites. Usually add some leftover protein from the last supper we ate. Sometimes I've made the BAS so big I give up part way through it. I try to finish the lettuce off. The rest becomes my "munchies" when I want to eat again. When it's gone, and only then, can I consider something else. Sometimes this BAS takes me all afternoon.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, tea coffee
  • karlastockham
    Options
    I have well water, which I don't like to drink. So, I just take an empty jug or 2 to the in-laws when I visit on Sundays. They don't mind. I'm sure there is a family member or friend with drinkable tap water that will let you do the same. Especially, if they know you are trying to be healthy and lose weight.
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    This is a SUPER helpful post thanks! :) Just one other questions..do you use salad dressing and what kind? I can make myself eat salad without dressing, but I really don't enjoy it. Tips?
  • karlastockham
    Options
    Great idea! I may adopt this too. Thanks :)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    water divas LOL JK just buy one of these

j7rnli.png

http://www.brita.com/products/water-pitchers/grand-red/
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As far as the salad dressing - oil and vinegar. Make your own dressing at home and you know exactly what's going in it. Plus it tastes great :)
  • zephyrq
    zephyrq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    nooooooooo my tap water isn't drinkable!

I'm a big fan of the Britta water pitcher myself (The plumbing of my house is too old to attache one of the faucet filters (at least the size seems to be non-standard)) but this way the water in my fridge is always nice and cold and waiting for me.
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    Maybe your bored? I eat when I'm bored to death! Get in the habit of everyday excercise & put some lemon slices in your water to help you drink it. I use mio drops to help me drink water & I also love sweet tea bags infused w/splenda. I drink it all day. Low carb eating will really help you not be hungry. Carbs & sugar just make us hungrier than we really are. Good luck. Do this for you!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It looks like you aren't eating enough calories, so no wonder you're hungry all the time! Your NET calories should be your goal. If you eat 1200 calories but you burned 250 exercising, you need to make up those 250 calories by eating some more.