DANCING MAKES STRETCHMARKS WORSE! PLEASE READ!

Options
I had my baby 8 months ago and after about 4 my stretchmarks turned white. They were white until a couple hours ago. I know this sounds insane and actually I feel like I'm about to go pretty crazy. Basically I was dancing for my boyfriend, shaking my butt and when I was done I went to take a shower and found out my stretchmarks got way bigger and dark red again. WHAT THE HELL? Since when does shaking your booty make your stretchmarks awful again? :(:(:(:( Im so depressed now.

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Increased blood flow due to vigorous booty shaking activity? Makes them turn red?
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    Increased blood flow due to vigorous booty shaking activity? Makes them turn red?
    yeap!
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    yeap!

Lol.. well will it go back to normal???
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Basically I was dancing for my boyfriend, shaking my butt and when I was done I found out my stretchmarks got way bigger

^First part is the funniest part. Sorry.

And as for the real question, I agree with the other users, that increased bloodflow results in dilation of vessels- which is why your stretchmarks seem to be redder. Or so I think, with my limited knowledge.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    yeap!
    Probably not. I would go see a doctor.
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    yeap!
    Probably not. I would go see a doctor.

Lol, well aren't you a joker ;)
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    Basically I was dancing for my boyfriend, shaking my butt and when I was done I found out my stretchmarks got way bigger

^First part is the funniest part. Sorry.

And as for the real question, I agree with the other users, that increased bloodflow results in dilation of vessels- which is why your stretchmarks seem to be redder. Or so I think, with my limited knowledge.

Lol, just being honestt!! ;D But anyway, will it go back?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    As a professional bellydancer, yes they will go back to their normal color, mine did when they were new, now they are old enough and used to it enough that they don't change color anymore
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    As a professional bellydancer, yes they will go back to their normal color, mine did when they were new, now they are old enough and used to it enough that they don't change color anymore

Thankyou very much!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I had my baby 8 months ago and after about 4 my stretchmarks turned white. They were white until a couple hours ago. I know this sounds insane and actually I feel like I'm about to go pretty crazy. Basically I was dancing for my boyfriend, shaking my butt and when I was done I went to take a shower and found out my stretchmarks got way bigger and dark red again. WHAT THE HELL? Since when does shaking your booty make your stretchmarks awful again? :(:(:(:( Im so depressed now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm sorry to laugh honey, but this is the funniest post I've read in a long time :flowerforyou:
    It'll get better with time :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ummmm ...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional dancer and I have never had this happen to me. I also dance for my hubby.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    what's important is this:

love of dancing > annoying stretch marks that turn red due to increase blood flow

my stretch marks, or tiger stipes as i like to call them, are from my teenage growth spurt so they are permanently silvery white now, but I have a few new scars and they also turn bright red/purple after exercise or a hot shower. it's just the increased blood flow, it'll return to normal, and as they heal over months/years, they will stay light coloured.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Ummmm ...

My thoughts exactly...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well. I have heard everything.

But, uh, I hope you had fun.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    don't think you could've made them worse hun
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    How are they looking today?
  • ZacPynn
    ZacPynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello StrongSmartBe,

My face goes red and my stretch marks (1967) still go pale pink when I make a LOT of effort. This means that the stretch marks actually show up less on my untanned tummy skin. Scars, a similar colour when at rest, do not go pink.

Just tried to recreate the effect with four X 1 minute of jumping on the spot. Got red face, sweaty forehead but stretch marks did not change*.

When my belly skin was tanned forty-five years ago the chalky-white stretch marks showed up more and the colour from exercise was much more intense.

Don't know if the fact that this it can go on so long will cheer you up or not. I found it interesting, and funny, reading the other posts - just assumed that my experience was normal :D.

*Must lie down now.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    oh man...

i have slight stretch marks on my upper thighs that always look darker after i've gotten out of the shower. i think it's the hot water or something.

otherwise, this is crazy.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ashton-Kutcher-laughing_zps973eb192.gif