I want to eat all the time? help!

Options
2»

Replies

• acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of baby carrots with me or celery sticks! They keep your mouth busy w/o doing too much damage!
  • Vicki8524
    Vicki8524 Posts: 33
    Options
    Water, almonds, berries, fireballs (in water with ice, very filling). If it's at night, I brush my teeth and call it a day.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time between meals. Four, sometimes five snacks a day. What's the problem?
  • NewSky2013
    Options
    I do eat more when I'm bored, or depressed...
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that it's because I'm either bored or not eating enough "real" food, i.e., protein. So I'll snack on a quarter cup of nuts and seeds, a hunk of chicken, or a hard-boiled egg. Then - and I know this has been covered to death here - I sip on ice water for a while. The need to eat all the time actually fades drastically when I do this.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Adding my thoughts to get a Brita filter. You can often find them cheap at thrift stores, and the cartridges are super easy to find and cheap too. We had terrible water in the last city I lived in, and I don't know what I would have done without it. We just had one that sat on the counter/shoved in the fridge.

Plan for snacks - I pack a cooler bag the night before with my lunch and two snacks in it. If I am having overnight oats for breakfast when I get to work I put those in too. Otherwise, breakfast is a smoothie. For dinner, I like to cook, but I am in the kitchen only once a day because I'm making lunches and snacks for everyone at that time.

Generally, the less time I spend in the kitchen, the less I'll be tempted to grab a snack for the sake of it. If you can occupy yourself elsewhere in the apartment/house, you won't be around food so much. I also echo staying hydrated, drink tea or coffee to get rid of fake hungries. If you're concerned about the cost of coffee, get a single-serve drip coffee maker (Black and Decker do one and you can find them at Walmart) or a smaller Bodum French press. That way you only make what you need, using about 2 tbsp. ground coffee, economical!

If it's real hungries, eat. Your body needs food :)
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    This is what works for me: a good quality breakfast such as oatmeal or eggs, drinking 3 cups of green tea a day, taking vitamin B50 or B100 and Rhodiola.

All of this helps me with impulses like over eatting/snaking. I also find a quick run stops me from wanting to eat. If I must eat, I have a banana or carrots and hummus.

It might just be that you formed such strong habits you now need to me mindful about breaking them and form new ones. I know, easier said than done.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use a bobble bottle.
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Re buying a water filter. You don't even need a jug - just use a filter bottle. The Bobble bottle is great - they come in different sizes and it filters the water by the bottle. Takes away the taste of chlorine etc to make the water taste neutral. Definitely worth the minor investment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bobble-BPA-Free-Water-Bottle-Magenta/dp/B003LTFS5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373485100&sr=8-1&keywords=bobble+bottle
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    nooooooooo my tap water isn't drinkable!

i hear where you coming from when i lived in germany i never drank water :noway: tasted so much like chalk and chemicals now in norway i love the water and cant get enough of that stuff.
    Try a water filter or what i did in germany tea ice cold peppermint tea is still my favorite drink in the summer. I also eat sugar free mint pastilles when i get some cravings usually calms them down a bit

edit to add... this looks really cool
    Re buying a water filter. You don't even need a jug - just use a filter bottle. The Bobble bottle is great - they come in different sizes and it filters the water by the bottle. Takes away the taste of chlorine etc to make the water taste neutral. Definitely worth the minor investment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bobble-BPA-Free-Water-Bottle-Magenta/dp/B003LTFS5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373485100&sr=8-1&keywords=bobble+bottle
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water...a lot of times when our body feels the need to snack you are really just lacking water.