Snacks Snacks Snacks

Options
HEYY!~
so i love snacking and it is good to snack to keep the body going and it can help with losing wieght. HOWEVER, i have two problems with this: 1- i don' know any healthy snacks (besides fruit and veggies). I'm a big treat eatter..so if you know of any healthy alternatives please let us know! AND 2- i snack at night, what time do ya'll stop eatting at night? OR what do you do instead of snacking! :) thanks for listening...i'd be happy to know you're secerets to loosing weight and snacking! :drinker:

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    there are a million choices for good snacks. why don't you make up some tuna salad and some whole wheat crackers? or walmart has these awesome low fat seafood dips in the seafood section that you can make turkey wraps in.....read some good ideas too in the food and nutrition forum of MFP. Good luck!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    snacking is my weakness to! Since i started i have found my fav low cal snacks foods (cuz i cant live without snacks!) Rice cakes are my #1, light butter popcorn is a great one as well, sometimes if i have a bit of a sweet tooth, i will make some low cal jello! Even babying a tablespoon of peanut butter works well. Oh yes and FROZEN BLUEBERRIES!!! Go buy some and freeze them before they go out of season! Ive got 20lbs in my freezer :P
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add that i usually keep my breakfast and lunch as low cal as possible so that i have quite a few cals lefts over for late night snacking LOL Prob not the best thing i can do, but whatever, its working :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    how about yogurt, granola bars,. popcorn, klondike slim bars, pita chips with hummus, special k crisp bars, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, nonfat frozen yogurt, all fruit Popsicle.
  • tink63
    Options
    I replaced my trips to the vending machine for chips and candy bars with Special K bars. They are only 90 calories and with a large glass of water, it makes me feel full. I was amazed at the difference it made.
  • Sam111chris
    Options
    I dont have any good snack ideas, but when I feel like I want to start snacking I knit. It's just something to take my mind off of food, It's been working for me. So anything to keep your hands busy should help =)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Love snacks. Favorite part of the new eating.

1oz of cheese, any cheese I'm from the midwest, and 1/8c dried apricots - 135-155 calories.
    Egg salad on lettuce - calories on this will vary depending on how you make your egg salad.
    1/2c nonfat plain Greek Yogurt, 1c frozen strawberries, and 1/2 banana blended (may need a little water) - 177 calories.
    And my everyday stand by air popped popcorn 4 cups - 120 calories.

I eat until about 10ish pm.
  • Jewelz87
    Jewelz87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks yall!
    i can't live wihtut my snacks so your tips are aweome! much love and good luck to everyone!
  • tammylober
    Options
    There are so many! I love string cheese with grapes or bananas and peanut butter. I'm a sugar addict by nature so I am always craving sweets. I'll also have my shake a day which has cut down tremendously on my cravings!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Jello double chocolate pudding 60 calories; Vita Top in deep chocolate 100 calories 9 grams fiber; 100 calorie packs yogurt pretzels; tootsie pop 70 calories--- that's what I have when I snack at night --- not all at the same time. I allow myself 1...and if I really need icecream I will drive to the store and buy a single serving of skinny cow icecream.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I snack on trail mix, cheese sticks, nuts and protein bars. If I want some thing sweet....fat free pudding cup or sherbert
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    v8 tomato juice in the 5.5 oz can is a great snack along with some string cheese. i also had an apple today, its been a long time since i had one. i also like nutrigrain bars, grapes, popcorn and crackers for a snack.