Stupid bananas !

Options
I've already gone over my sugar intake for the day and it's not even lunchtime yet ! All cos of that silly banana I had ! Grrr :/

Replies

• bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    That's why I've stopped tracking sugars! I don't think you need to count sugar from fruit, I think only refined/added sugar should be counted.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    There have been several strands on here in the past week regarding sugar...and the general consenus is that no one keeps up with them because MFP groups all types of sugars into one category. So don't sweat it too bad.
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    Nope... I don't count natural sugars, I actually deduct them from my total sugar count each day.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That banana is a heck of a lot healthier than the stress we cause ourselves over worrying about the end of the day sugar numbers :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I always go over my sugar. It's very difficult NOT to go over it. But so long as you're eating the good types ie. fruits, then I'm sure it will be fine. ONE banana is nothing to stress over. Just keep eating healthily! :smile:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If it is sugar that comes naturally with fiber, then I don't worry about it too much.
  • mama050709
    mama050709 Posts: 100
    Options
    If it is sugar that comes naturally with fiber, then I don't worry about it too much.

agree!!!
  • gperry227
    Options
    I couldnt agree more!!! Natural sugars do not count!!! If i counted my sugars, I would be over by my first snack of the day. I think it is important to limit your refined sugars (eliminating is hard).....
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    Nature always 'packages' its sugar with a good dose of fibre, unlike processed foods.
    I keep an eye on it but I don't stress about it as much as processed rubbish :)
  • MahalaDavis
    MahalaDavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My tip: Slice bananas and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Place them in the freezer for about an hour, then put in containers and back in the freezer. When you're craving something sweet, just grab a couple of slices. They're like candy, full of banana flavor and easier to eat in much smaller portions than trying to save a half a banana.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My tip: Slice bananas and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Place them in the freezer for about an hour, then put in containers and back in the freezer. When you're craving something sweet, just grab a couple of slices. They're like candy, full of banana flavor and easier to eat in much smaller portions than trying to save a half a banana.

What a great idea!!!! Thanks!
  • CaptainJSK
    CaptainJSK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing ever is frozen grapes. I wash them and pull them off the stem and then freeze them in a ziplock bag. When I feel like something sweet I just take a few and eat them. Very low calorie and very yummy!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options

What a great idea!!!! Thanks!

Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH for this idea! I did it last night and just had a couple of slices after dinner and it was all I needed! What a great way to have a sweet treat at the end of the day! :love:
  • FlashBang
    Options
    I am going to go eat a Banana.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Change your sugar settings!! I also eat a banana every morning.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I eat no refined sugar, I've stopped eating stuff out of cardboard boxes, the only sweetener I use is Honey, and I don't use much of that.

The naturally occurring sugar in one banana is no big deal, I think.

I used to have massive sugar highs and crashes, now that I don't eat it anymore I don't ride the sugar roller coaster. :bigsmile:

I too eat at least one banana a day!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey it's okay. Banana's are very good for you for the many benefits. Maybe just eat 1/2 banana in the am with breakfast.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MahalaDavis
    MahalaDavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! I just tried it the first time about a week ago. I picked up grapes and strawberries to freeze last night. :smile:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

I was just thinking about this very idea recently for when I make the occasional oatmeal. I don't make it often and I don't use bananas much for any other reason. Having some frozen on hand to throw in and cook with the oatmeal sounds like a good plan.